Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone found a fix? it's OK if i don't lean on it. it's OK if i lean on it very hard. But if i lean on it with 'regular' pressure (ie. 99.9% of the time i drive) It's bloody noisy.

Please help.

kindest regards.

BC. :shades:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Have you tried spraying Armor-All (or some other kind of "protectant" spray) on the underside of the lid, the hinge, and the top of the edges that the lid covers?

That might work.

Also, I don't remember exactly what was under the console lid of my 'scape, but does it look like it might be missing rubber bumpers?

·
Registered
297 Posts
i'm enjoying wading through old posts.... i have this problem EXACTLY as you describe - did you find a fix?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
arbs said:
i'm enjoying wading through old posts.... i have this problem EXACTLY as you describe - did you find a fix?
I found some adhesive rubber pads and stick the on the underside if the armrest. Packs it out enough to cut the problem 90%.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
What tool you using to measure these percentiles?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My ears and my brain.

Both of which are highly tuned and possess tolerances so infinitesimal, other methods of measurement are useless.

:cigar:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I'd take BC on his word.

Anyone who would spend $3,000 for a single disc CD player, just because it can provide the very best in CD sound quality, isn't likely to be insensitive to the quality of the sounds from a creaking armrest.

:D

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
arbs said:
who uses CDs anyhow lol
CDs (and vinyl) are still superior to MP3s for sound quality.

I don't own an ipod/MP3 player, I have some tunes on my phone, mainly for custom ring-tones, but I'll never stop buying CDs. I have about 500 at present. :rockon:

Also, I like having a physical product in my hand. With all the artwork and information that it provides.

I know people whose ipods have crashed or been stolen, losing their entire music collection. I ain't gonna be that guy!

And as JP said. Single disc CD players are the only CD players for out-and-out quality. I am tempted by the Arcam FMJ-MS250, A single disc CD player with a 400gb hard drive (uncompressed transfer straight from CD, no poor quality transport or DAC to worry about), but £3000 is a little bit out of my price range! :shock:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You want to see a pricey CD player.

Here's the DCS Scarlatti 3 box player (Transport, DAC, Upsampler)

Yours for a cool £33,000. Yep, £33,000 for a 2 channel CD player.
:shock: :rockon:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
If they ever decide to make a Blu-Ray player, they could sell one and then retire.

:lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts