Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
My dear ltlred lost the speed control because i installed a trailer light kit that was even made for it...it hopoked directly to the battery and from there directly to the turn and brake lights of the escape. the dealer did the diag and came up with "Speed Control Servo Defective " and told me it would be $600 to fix it.
id rather speed lol.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Does the cruise control light come on when you try to set a speed?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Canada Panda said:
Does the cruise control light come on when you try to set a speed?
nope. not at all. nobody can get it to engage.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
That's what I was guessing. I don't think this points to a servo issue, as that should present as the cruise engaging but failing to operate the throttle.

Have you removed the trailer wiring? It may be sending a signal that the brake lights are activated, preventing the cruise control from engaging.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Canada Panda said:
That's what I was guessing. I don't think this points to a servo issue, as that should present as the cruise engaging but failing to operate the throttle.

Have you removed the trailer wiring? It may be sending a signal that the brake lights are activated, preventing the cruise control from engaging.
not me personally but the dealership might have but thats an idea, ill try that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This just started a few days ago.
car is an 03 escape with around 130k on the clock.

the light won't even come on on the dash when you tried to use it.
any thoughts as to what this may be, and where can i start looking?
This may sound stupid but my cruise doesnt work at all ..a 04 escape so i bought a new switch behind the brake peddle ..now heres the strange part that makes me feel like an idiot ..the new switch was about an inch longer than the old one and would not mount on mt truck ....and at the time it didnt occur to me to see if the brake pedal would adjust to acomodate it

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
This post is only 10 years old.... incantation to raise the dead here: ...

The CC switch operated by the brake pedal must be installed and adjusted. I do not have it memorized, but the plunger is supposed to self-adjust when installed. Likely when you attach it and then depress the pedal, the plunger will get set. I do not remember details.
If you have checked the switch, and it is bad, it may fix things. There are other things that will disable CC, and prevent it from engaging, such as a failed speed sensor, clockspring, servo, wires connecting all that, power from the electrical(fuse?), and steering wheel switches.
tom

21 - 27 of 27 Posts