Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any suggestions on the cruise control buttons at night? they are not lit so it makes it hard to guess without turning the dome lights on :shrug:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
My pickups aren't lit. I have them memorized. They are ergonomically correct, so it should be fairly simple.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
I have mine memorized as well. Safer than looking down every time you need to adjust cruise control.

You could try a dab of glow-in-the-dark paint on the Set button. That's the only one I could see being confusing. On/Off on the left hand side is pretty straightforward, and the Resume button is the inboard button. Accel/decel is sometimes flipped on other vehicles.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Mine are not backlit. I also have memorized their positions. :) But it would be an interesting efect at night. Also if ford could have, manufactured the windscreen wiper stalk control backlit also.

Who me? Demanding and don't want much? Oh! I am easy to please. :lol: Just doing some wishful thinking. But realistically i can't whinge. There are a lot of features, on my XLT escape that were absent in the previous falcon. :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Squishy said:
Safer than looking down every time you need to adjust cruise control.
good point

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Newer, 08 and up have illuminated cruise control buttons, btw. We have the 08 Tribute with cruise control.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
2007 and earlier E/M/Ts would require a lot of work to light up the controls.

Before I sold my 2005 Limited, I was playing around with the idea of buying a Windstar steering wheel. From the few pictures I saw, it looked like the only Ford steering wheel that had the same type of mounting arrangement as the Escape's, and it had lighted cruise and audio controls.

The 2008+ models use a completely different steering column. It's almost identical to the Explorer's, as well as the Edge, Fusion, and most Ford trucks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts