Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a few days ago my USB stopped recognizing my iPod. I tried 2 other iPods and my iPhone. I also tried 2 USB sticks with no success. I tried manually selecting USB but got the "USB Empty" message.

I called the dealer but they wanted me to book a service appointment... I don't have time for one of those.

I looked at the owners manual and found the fuse for my Sync. It is behind the panel of the passenger foot-well. It is fuse #3.

I removed the fuse and replaced it after 2 min. I re-started my Escape and allowed the sync to reboot.

Everything works well now (actually better than before... resume now works with iPod).

So i guess I figured out how to CTRL+ALT+DEL my MICROSOFT SYNC.. wish it had been made by Apple.. :lol:

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Sounds like you saved a bunch of $$ with that one. Dunno about Apple.. my iPod freezes and I have to let the battery die before I can recharge and play. Don't know how that would be done in an Escape with Apple.... :shrug:

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
KCCO_773 said:
Sounds like you saved a bunch of $$ with that one. Dunno about Apple.. my iPod freezes and I have to let the battery die before I can recharge and play. Don't know how that would be done in an Escape with Apple.... :shrug:
You can do something with the buttons to basically force it to restart. It happened with my other ipod and I haven't had the issue since I switched to my ipod touch. Pretty sure I looked it up on some forum. Just a thought.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Onefastbike said:
So i guess I figured out how to CTRL+ALT+DEL my MICROSOFT SYNC.. wish it had been made by Apple.. :lol:
Actually I have had friends tell me horror stories about getting a dealer install IPOD interface. In fact I was with my friend when they went to get a Subaru and asked for the IPOD interface option and the salesman told them not to get it because it worked half the time and their service techs spend a lot of time fixing them.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
On the IPOD you have to HOLD THE CENTER BUTTON and theMENU BUTTON for couple of seconds and then it will reset. Yeah no need to let the battery die to use it. There was a article about the new IPOD version having issues with the SYNC, dont know if apple or ford cares but im sure they will fix it in the next revision of IPOD software.

Ean-The-Escape said:
KCCO_773 said:
You can do something with the buttons to basically force it to restart. It happened with my other ipod and I haven't had the issue since I switched to my ipod touch. Pretty sure I looked it up on some forum. Just a thought.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts