Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I made some custom foglight surrounds from fiberglass and resin. I used my old bumper as a mold and then popped them free of the bumper once they cured. Then I sketched out the perimeter shape and used my dremel to cut it out. Here they are, I will do one more coat of resin on the outside, then do my final trim. Once that's done,im going to use bondo to do my final shaping of the surround. Paint and install! :yahoo:

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
Nice work. Should be interesting to see them installed. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
16,330 Posts
Are the jobs done?
good project, great job, what color the surrounding gonna be , chrome?

post pics for us !
Thanks
French

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So its been a while since I started these surrounds and today I had some free time and decided that I would finish these things up. So I have some pictures of the surrounds before they get primer and paint. I used premium fiberglass bondo and finished with glazing putty. You can see the gold colored bondo and red is the glazing. The first picture is the surround in rough fiberglass being test fitted on a extra bumper that I have. The second picture is the final product before paint. Im going to be painting these to match my wheels and runningboards in a dark charcoal color.

·
Registered
148 Posts
:thumb: Thats cool can't wait to see the finshed item.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is the finished product after much hard work and procrastination. I painted them to match the wheels and running boards, but I might paint them black to create more of an accent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts