Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...I want to put a power socket in my Escape...maybe on the side of the center console on the passenger side or just sit the power inverter underneath the passenger seat. I think the custom cut power inverter might look kinda cool....any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chris...you are sooo helpful! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i use a power inverter in my escape all the time. im going to do something similar. i plan on mounting the invertor behind the center dash area at the floor. the ivertor i got is 300W with two plugs. the plugs in the invertor have clips that hold them in place so im going to remove them from the unit and add wire to them then use a dremel to cut the same square hole and then just push the plug into it. i have not deceded where the plugs are going to go but i was thinking of putting one on the dash and one on the front of the center consol.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have just the thing for you! Some of you might recall this post but here goes:

This is the console with the plug istalled right in, It has a rubber cover and looks stock.

The swich is in the cubby.

Thats the Inverter with some custom wires to get it all the way to the console

A second plug was installed in-line so a second thing can be connected.

The inverter was spliced to the second power outlet that was power all the time so it can be used with the engine off.

This mod was done more than 3 years ago and it still works!

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where did you get that outlet with the rubber fitting over it?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i know you can buy one at the chev dealer, ask for a power plug for a pontiac vibe. but the escape hybred has a 110 power plug so you could get one from a ford dealer as well. you might be able to goto a local pick a part auto recyclers and get one.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Scooter Scott said:
Where did you get that outlet with the rubber fitting over it?
It was the one that was in the inverter. It had the rubber and everything!

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well that doesn't help me now does it?

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I've seen those outlets at electrical-supply stores, and I think you can even find them at Lowe's or Home Depot.

They require a square hole, they have spring clips on the sides, and about a foot of 16- or 18-gauge green/white/black wire.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I need to go back to lowes today anyways cuz I need to get more caster wheels for this project I am working on for my motorcycle :) So maybe I will see if I find something there for the inverter...

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Casters don't work on a bike. I've tried.

They keep falling out from under the bike's tires.

:hyst:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL!!

No I am making a dolly for it. I am making it so I can ride right up on it, put it on the kickstand...then move it around the garage as freely as possible.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts