Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Ford Escape Limited V6
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 2010 V6 limited. While doing a tune up found a cut wire to the harness under the intake manifold , with no luck locating where or what it goes to . HELP !
Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive battery
Light Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive fuel system

Auto part Gas Automotive exterior Automotive fuel system Metal
Light Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive fuel system
Auto part Gas Automotive exterior Automotive fuel system Metal

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Stuffed into the bottom of the intake manifold, two sensors that are concerned with intake are the MAP sensor and the IAT, Incoming Air Temperature sensor. If they still use those monickers. Either one being disconnected should set a code.
If you take the wires that have been cut, and move them around stretched straight, you should(unless someone has been snipping with evil intent) be able to reach the 'sphere' or half-ball where the wires were originally attached. My bet is they protruded from one of the shielded wire loom bunches under hood. Mostly surrounded by ribbed black plastic, the shields have a split to allow for sensor wire to branch from the loom. Cut and the wire retracts behind the plastic split shield. I think you will have to use some fingering to spread the shields and you will find the cut conductors. Once found, they should be re-connected with water-tight connectors, and if truly into belt & suspenders, some heat-shrink to keep out salted H2O provided by your local road maintenance group.(if North and cold).
tom

·
Registered
283 Posts
Stuffed into the bottom of the intake manifold, two sensors that are concerned with intake are the MAP sensor and the IAT, Incoming Air Temperature sensor. If they still use those monickers. Either one being disconnected should set a code.
MAP sensor is 3-wires. IAT is incorporated into the MAF sensor.

The intake would have to be removed to access the bundled harness where the two wires came from.

·
Registered
2010 Ford Escape Limited V6
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well there is no stored codes , pending codes . Could it be some kind of temp sender,switch ? Car doesn’t run hot at all, no spits , no spudders cruises right along , that’s what’s got me intrigued. I am going to have to pull the manifold to see what gives .

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Maybe Dwight B can pull up a wiring schematic and find a 2-conductor connector plugged into a sensor poked into the intake manifold with an orange and black wire. My take is still a temp sensor, a thermistor that varies resistance based upon temperature. But I do not own one, nor have shop manual.
tom

·
Registered
283 Posts
Well, I had to visit the local pick n pull for something else so I took a few minutes to take the upper and lower intakes off a '10 3.0L just to see. It's the wires for the engine block- mounted knock sensor (KS2 (I think) in the schematics).

You'll have to pull the intakes off to get to it. If you're going to do the spark plugs, that would be a good time to also replace the sensor.

Organism Font Circle Pattern Auto part

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Gas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts