Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Please leave note below)

Votes: 1 10.0%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The part of the dash that covers the airbag on the passenger side and a small part of the dash under the gauge cluster is brown on my escape and is going to be getting dyed. What is your opinion? The rest of my dash is factory black and the seats are reupholstered in black leather with black suede inserts.(Faux of course) My interior lights are all green and there is going to be some LED's installed green as well. Should I have the dash done in all black or accent it with some green? And than maybe have some green stictching but in the seats?

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I'd say black, but definitely go with green stitching on the seats. My Edge has charcoal leather, but the factory stitching is white, and it looks awesome.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I agree with JP ^^
Black with green stitching to accent it. I think straight up green would be too "WHOA" kinda thing :lol:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
A green dashboard would possibly be overbearing. My preference is the black dashboard. But the stitching accented in green, for your black leather seats would create contrast. Have you considered red? Red is a strong colour, but if you use it as seat seam stitches, it will be balanced out by the black.

It is only my opinion but i would be cautious, about opting for green on dashboard. Just as Spark757 indicated, it might be a reaction of 'WHOA!' Basically green on your dashboard, could appear as quite garish.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
gar⋅ish   /ˈgɛərɪʃ, ˈgær-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [gair-ish, gar-] Show IPA Pronunciation

-adjective
1. crudely or tastelessly colorful, showy, or elaborate, as clothes or decoration.
2. excessively ornate or elaborate, as buildings or writings.
3. dressed in or ornamented with bright colors.
4. excessively bright; glaring.

I didn't know what that word was :bill:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
:bang:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That was my original plan but didnt know if anyone around here would be able to steer me in a different direction.
stone said:
A green dashboard would possibly be overbearing. My preference is the black dashboard. But the stitching accented in green, for your black leather seats would create contrast. Have you considered red? Red is a strong colour, but if you use it as seat seam stitches, it will be balanced out by the black.
I did consider red but I think that green stands out better and will give it a more unique look. Alot of people have gone with black and red but green and black is not as common. Thanks for the advice tho man!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Honestly, I was leaning towards the black with green stitching and accents too. However, I think it might be interesting green. I believe you are talking about the 2 pieces that tend to match the stock seats, my airbag cover and cluster are white to match my seats. I guess it would depend on the green. If it was a dark green it would look good, but if it was a bright green it would be too much. It just all depends on the colors used and how well they mesh.

Good color combos:

Not a good color combo:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Hey, I have those boots!! :mad: :wall: :censor:

The green accents sounds pretty cool .....could you post a pic of how the dash looks now and a sample of the green color you are thinking about? I'll hold off voting till then..........

:)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I knew the pic request was coming sooner or later. Actually suprised me that Colleen didnt request some in her post! :shrug:
I will get some pics up tomorrow of what the seats and dash currently look like and will see what I can do about the green.

·
Registered
416 Posts
:pics:
:lol:
I have to agree with JP, spark, and stone. Go with the stitching. An understated accent is really nice when it is noticed. The best things don't have to scream for your attention.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pics will be up Thursday, Friday at the latest of the new seats and new dash!

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Cool... Should be interesting to see :yes:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here are the pics. I am very happy with the final result! It definetly beats the brown that used to be in there and now my seats are even more comfortable! Added some extra padding to the seats! THe camera isnt the best! What you think?

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
OK, your right, the camera isn't the best, but the interior looks great anyway! :thumb: :thumb:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Should've gone with the green!

J/K!!! Looks good!!!! :thumb: :thumb:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts