Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put in fog lights in the past and striped some wires and now i took them out and the lights work and dash lights work on normal but when i put the brights on the dash lights go out anyone know why? THANKS

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the same problem, too, but it's only when I use the flash-to-pass. Normally engaging the high beams works fine. I assumed it was just the multi function switch and said 'eff' it, but now you've got me thinking it's not.

Hmm... Something to do over the holidays.

** EDIT ** I should also note, I didn't make any electrical modifications, it just started acting this way out of the blue.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm i have five wires that were in the spot for the factory fog light hookup. i have the wire diagram and see what the wires are but cant figure it out. why the brights cause the dash lights to go out. also note that my fuse in the brights illumination spot 5a keeps blowing which would mean a short right? but my headlights work fine... anyone else might know whats going on? i think i need to hook up some of the 5 wires in the fog light switch spot...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.