Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2008 Escape and noticed this morning that when the HAVC is on there is a rattle in the Dash sounding like its coming from top center location. When I turn the hvac off the rattle disappears. Any clues or suggestions on what this could be? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Something could be hitting the blower fan :shrug:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I should have explained more. It does not happen when stopped, only when driving. Also have noticed this only in cold weather. Also fan speed does not seem to have any affect on the noise.
Thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have the cold dash rattle as well, only when it's really really cold. I believe the fan bearing starts playing out, but I might be wrong. And I don't think it's very easy to replace that fan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies, I think I'll just live with the rattle. Living in Florida we don't have that many cold days!!!

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have the same thing on cold mornings. I don't think it is HVAC at all - in fact, I think it is the speedo or tach solenoid making the noise as it happens from 2-3000 rpm only. Check yours on the next cold morning. Once everything warms up you never hear it again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts