Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,
i have been having a beeping problem coming from my dashboard. it is 5 beeps, a few seconds of break, and again the 5 beeps go off for a total of 5 times. anyone know what the problem could be, or what the beeping is signifying?

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Just a guess here, but it sounds like you have something under the passenger seat, there's nobody in the passenger seat (so no belt is buckled on the passenger side), and whatever is under the seat is triggering the sensor that makes the restaint system think that there's someone unbuckled in the passenger seat (the "BeltMinder").

If that's what's happening, you should also see a belt warning light in the gauge cluster.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for the response...
sorry i forgot to say that the sound happens a few seconds after i start the vehicle. i tested the seat belt sensor and that sensor is working, and it is a different chyme then the beep i am getting. it is not the same chyme as when you leave the keys in the ignition and open the door neither. i don't have any signal lights on the dash or anything. i'm pretty puzzled!

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
If the beep sounds completely different from the warning chime, you may have an aftermarket alarm, remote starter, or backup sensor that you didn't know you had.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hello jpark,
thanks for the input. i looked into the things you mentioned and i don't see anything. the alarm is a stock alarm that i know for sure, and as for other sensors i don't see anything. a friend told me that his mustang made this same noise when his air bag sensor went out. does anyone know if escapes come with an audible chyme for when the air bag sensor is not functioning correctly?

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Isn't there some sort of beep for when one of the instrument cluster warning lights blow out? The tone is likely the same as all the other default beeps, but the pattern could be different.

Something with a completely different tone sounds like an aftermarket addition.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i talked to the owner of the vehicle before me and he said he never moved anything from factory specs. no aftermarket was ever added except for a stereo by myself. the beeping is louder than the other chymes. i will try to get a video to demonstrate what the beep sounds like.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts