Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After humming and hawing (and a bit of speculation on how it would come off), I removed the Escape XLT badge from the back of the Escape. I was not sure if it was mounted using studs and nuts or if it was just two sided tape that held it on, but mustered up some courage and a bit of Goo Gone along with a heat gun and removed the badge. I am used to having minimal badges on my vehicles, so I figured why not carry on the tradition with the Escape!

First a photo of the de-badged back side of our old Audi (only the Audi rings remained)...

And then the Escape...

I am still working on getting some nicer photos of the Escape, but that may wait until next spring when it will have a few more exterior modifications.

·
Registered
178 Posts
It seems to me that you are just finishing the job that Ford started. They have already removed the Escape badging from sides of the vehicle. The V6 logo is gone. If you buy an All Wheel Drive version, do they still have a badge for that?

Now, if they can just do away with the 'impression' of ESCAPE on the front bumper.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I don't mind badges, but I really don't need the side ones. I may take them off?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Tom, did the same thing this weekend. Can't stand too many badges and stickers, especially dealer stickers!! I ended up using floss to cut through the double sided tape and then it just peeled off.

Did you end up or are you planning on getting a stubby antenna? I was looking at the 8" one that others have ordered (http://www.carccessory.com/detail2FA.as ... tenna_FA_8), just wanted to make sure they wouldn't charge double the cost for brokerage fees etc from the states.

·
Registered
490 Posts
stone said:
kkreit01 said:
I don't mind badges, but I really don't need the side ones. I may take them off?
##
:worry: :confused: EEK!
Why Eek? I'd keep the "V6" badge, but am considering removing the "Mariner" badges from the side. My 07 didn't have them, and I still knew what I was driving. :D . I'll leave the rear badges. The side ones just get in the way, and trap dirt/tar. No?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NoWayMe said:
Hey Tom, did the same thing this weekend. Can't stand too many badges and stickers, especially dealer stickers!! I ended up using floss to cut through the double sided tape and then it just peeled off.

Did you end up or are you planning on getting a stubby antenna? I was looking at the 8" one that others have ordered (http://www.carccessory.com/detail2FA.as ... tenna_FA_8), just wanted to make sure they wouldn't charge double the cost for brokerage fees etc from the states.
Hey Remy,

I hear you on the badges, the Ocean Park Ford dealer sticker was almost as big as the Escape badge making for a pretty crowded rear hatch.

I have done some research on the stubby antennas, but I can only find billet aluminum pieces or the generic cheesy plastic ones from the 70s. I was hoping to find something similar to a regular MK4 Golf or Jetta mast or the shorter VW Sharan antenna, but unfortunately the threaded stud on the Escape is considerably longer than the VW items. Paul over at PG sells the universal billet antenna kits in varying lengths for about $15 - $20 CDN, but I am still holding out in hopes of a lucky find (finding a rubber plastic stubby similar to OEM VW).
Regarding the brokerage, I think if the antenna is shipped via US Postal to Canada the brokerage charges are either waved or very minimal. If the antenna is sent via UPS, be prepared for a possible rude awakening (I hope it works out though).

On a side note, I am not too sure I can delay the installation of the H&Rs for too much longer as every time I walk by the box at work they seem to be calling my name.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tom let me know how the search for the antennas turns out. I was hoping I could find one similar to the aftermarket vw ones as well but had no luck myself searching. Maybe I'll just hold out for a while as well ...

If you install the H&Rs please post pics!! I'm so interested to see how the drop looks and how you feel the ride changes. Wish there was a set of coilovers from H&R or KW for the Escape, then we'd be talking!! But then again I already managed to scrape the front lip the other day having fun on some hills.

Anyways take care and keep us updated on the progress,
Remy

·
Registered
41 Posts
i have to say that was one clean audi you had, actually pulled many badges off the backside of mine but never really touched any on the sides.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I debadged mine this evening. It was really easy. I guess it's not too hard when it is 95 degrees Fahrenheit even after dark. I removed the dealer's sticker and the Escape XLT badge. I'll get rid of that license plate frame when my plates arrive.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks good KC5ZRQ!!

Snapped a pic of my back side tonight at the car wash ...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
KC5ZRQ said:
I debadged mine this evening. It was really easy. I guess it's not too hard when it is 95 degrees Fahrenheit even after dark. I removed the dealer's sticker and the Escape XLT badge. I'll get rid of that license plate frame when my plates arrive.

Looks good! I guess when its that hot, you don't need the heat gun! Makes for a much less cluttered lift gate.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I actually like the badges, I wish my escape had them on the sides...

But that does look pretty clean on yours :thumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
i took the badges off of my tribute. however when i took the side badges off it left holes in the door since apparently they are fitted. i just got more double sided tape and put them back on. i'd prefer them not to be there though.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
If your considering the VW antennea, and they don't work. Have you given any thought or research to the MINI antennea? They are similar, if your thinking roof mounted and slanted. I dunno. :shrug: Just a thought as they maybe different in the mounting studs, or at least different enough to give them a look.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts