Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much of a pain in the butt is it to de-badge my Escape? I have all the usual badges. I do not have the "V6" badge.

It seems like it shouldn't be that difficult. It also seems like a task that you shouldn't rush through or else :fan: ...

·
Registered
220 Posts
There's nothing to it, just heat the emblem with a heat gun or a hair dryer & then pull it off.

Clean off left over glue with that orange glue remover (I forget the name of it)

~John

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
cbramsey said:
How much of a pain in the butt is it to de-badge my Escape? I have all the usual badges. I do not have the "V6" badge.

It seems like it shouldn't be that difficult. It also seems like a task that you shouldn't rush through or else :fan: ...
I want to do mine too. I've already removed the V6 emblems from the fenders, but it's the tailgate that I'm most keen to de-badge. In fact, i might just go out there now and give it a shot! :yahoo:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
what are you doing with your V6 emblems??

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
The V6 emblems are part number YL8Z-7842528-AA. If you want to order them new, most of the on-line retailers have them for around $10.95 (or less) each, and that includes the factory double-sided tape already applied.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
the emblems aren't something i would spend money on lol, but i would save them from the garbage LoL. im still debating purchasing the other interior items to fix up a few blemishes.

·
Registered
321 Posts
If anyone needs any emblems, I still have all of mine that I took off. :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
If anybody wants those silly green leaf emblems that came on my Hybrid they are welcome to them. I took those emblems off the first week I had the truck & I'm sure they're still kicking around my garage someplace.

~John

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
lilshimy36 said:
If anyone needs any emblems, I still have all of mine that I took off. :)
do you have the V6 ones? if so how much do you want for them?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yes I do, how much are they even worth?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
according to the other site someone posted that they are i think 10 bucks us each. if they look like new i would like to find out how much shipping would be to K8H1H6 before i make an offer to see if its worthwhile to purchase them. thanks.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'll send them to you if you cover the shipping/mailing costs, sound good?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
sounds good! feel free to put them in the smallest bubble envelope you can get LoL im going to assume you have paypal eh? PM me how much and i will send the $$ and you can ship them to the address on my paypal account.

·
Registered
321 Posts
You think I could get away with just sending them through the mail in a regular envelope?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i know that at canada post they have a little plastic thing and if an envelope fits through the slot it goes through regular mail LoL they arnt that big and i doubt they weigh anything. if the shipping is less then 5 bucks i will just send you $5 hows that sound?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Sounds good to me, I'll let you know when I get a chance to send it.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
When I buy emblems from Ford sites on the 'net, some of them arrive only in envelopes. I've never received a damaged one yet.

(need to find a knock-on-wood smiley)

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Yikes! :stop: :worry: No thanks, but not for me. Especially considering i might be trading it in soon.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts