Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I just took delivery of a '10 Escape and was wondering how the 'ESCAPE' and FlexFuel badges are attached to the rear hatch? I'm thinking of taking them off for the clean look.

:thumb:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
With hardcore double sided tape. U can use a heat gun to help remove

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Just about every badge on the vehicle is stuck on with 2 sided tape, only exception is the centre oval on the front and back. It's been suggested a nice sunny spot or hairdryer can help soften the adhesive, along with a putty knife or a strand of dental floss to stretch behind the plate they should come off fairly clean. Some touch up with a Mr. Clean magic sponge will help get rid of residue left over. If your going to debadge it's best to do this now before the sun creates a new colour for the surrounding paint. Good luck, let us know how this turns out for you, post pics of course!

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you are not afraid of breaking the logos, i just took a very small flat head screwdriver and placed it beetween the plastic logo and the double tape... easier to do than it seems !!! and pushed it out placing my finger beetween screwdriver and metal. I did that on a warm rainy day and the double tape came right off!! You have to do that with conviction in one shot! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Before and After pics, please! :beer:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ensure you are heating as you are prying.

Be careful not to hurt the paint with your "prying tool"

I've did my car within 24 hours of getting it.

Then again I don't know many people that mod cars as fast as I do. My Escape was modded within 2 weeks of getting it haha.

Tools needed:
Heat Gun
Small slot screwdriver
Rag (use this in combo with the driver to lift up the badges but not scratch the paint)
Good gone for the residue (if it's warm enough the residue should be minimal)

Don't expect to be able to reuse the badges. Good luck! It looks much cleaner without them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Might aswell ask here instead of making a new thread i was about to take my badges off started with the side escape one and i had 2 holes where it was looks like it was for aligning it. That different from others?

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Yes. The side emblems on 2008 Escapes and Tributes had alignment holes in the doors.

2009 and newer Escapes and Tributes had no side emblems. Mariners with side emblems had no alignment holes in the doors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tang said:
darn. I have no access to a heat gun or heating element.
A hair dryer worked just fine for me. I heated it until it was nice and warm to the touch and then I fed a piece of dental floss between the badge and the truck. Took a few pieces of floss to "saw" all the way through the tape because it kept stretching and breaking, but the entire job was done in under 5 minutes.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
kieran123 said:
Instead of starting a new thread....

I want to remove the Escape logo and 4WD logo on the back of my 09'

Do either of these have alignment holes underneath them?
Nope. Find a hot day and get some dental floss, Goo Gone, and a few soft cloths.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I would never user a screwdriver to remove the badges. On a warm or hot day, I would run some string or fishing line behind the badge to get it off then get the rest of the stuff off with some sort of residue remover and/or my fingers. I may use a plastic type scrapper, but nothing metal and definitely not a screwdriver. But really I'd prob just user the string and residue remover

·
Registered
148 Posts
I debadged my '10 E, great and easy mod too. Here's my advice/instructions:

You'll want extremely strong plastic fishing wire which makes it much better than dental floss. A heat gun and adhesive remover will be needed too.

About 3 inches away from the badge use the heat gun on the edges (not directly in front, you'll get no where, trust me) and then frequently test the heat as try to wiggle the badge. BE PATIENT! You don't want to hurt your paint.

Once you think it's loose go from top to bottom with the wire looped around your fingers or tools. With time it'll come off then peel the gunk as much as you can. Then take a small amount of adhesive remover on a towel and wash the area until it's smooth. Then another towel with water to wash the chemical off. You're done!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts