Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back to my Mariner after being out of town for 3 months. Unfortunately I live in an apartment with no garage so I had to leave it outside exposed to the elements. I did put a car cover over it but whether it was by foul play or weather, it wasn't on there when I returned. Anyway, no when I turn on my fan or A/C a bunch of dust and other debris shoots out of the vents. It only happens for a few seconds when I first start it up. It's been a week now and stuff is still coming out. Is there a way to clean wherever it is coming from or will only time and waiting for it to all clear out on it's own my only option?

·
Registered
438 Posts
I suspect your '09 doesn't have a cabin filter.
You might want to install one of these cabin fliters to keep the dust and dirt from coming inside the car. The filter is located under the front windshield cowl.
Search the forum for some help on how and where to install one.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Here's the thread you need to install the cabin air filter:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2887

Note that the 2009 Escape did not come with a cabin air filter, but the housing for the air filter is there, you just need to install the filter.

The last cabin air filter I purchased was a WIX 49466 purchased online at Rockauto.com. It was cheaper than my previous Motorcraft brand and it had a better foam edge for sealing around the filter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts