Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the OR coast this weekend. Seemed to average around 21 MPG. I thought that was pretty good.
:beer: :beer:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,345 Posts
That kind of gas mileage wouldn't be getting any complaints from me!! :WW
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I was impressed with it. Much better than my F-150 Lariat SC. It is somewhere around 14-15.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,345 Posts
Any chance you might be posting pics of both your rides in the "Show What You Got" thread?? :shades:
 

·
Super Moderator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
Joined
·
20,585 Posts
Kudos on your mileage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :WW :WW
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,305 Posts
I average 19 - 22 regardless of the driving conditions. Never gotten less or more. :)
 

·
Super Moderator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
Joined
·
20,585 Posts
Kiki said:
I average 19 - 22 regardless of the driving conditions. Never gotten less or more. :)
Me too. The only time it changed was when I was working in California. I got as low as 10 and at most was 15 mpg. I think it was because of the "boutique" gasoline they are forced to use. :('

That is only my opinion.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,541 Posts
mikelmco said:
Went to the OR coast this weekend. Seemed to average around 21 MPG. I thought that was pretty good.
:beer: :beer:
That's very good. I usually average around 13-15 mpg over the winter and 15-17 mpg in the summer. The blended winter gas might have something to do with the drop in winter. I went on a 200 mile highway trip before my last fillup and calculated almost 18 mpg... I don't mind the 18 mpg but the 13 mpg fillups really irk me... Guess I need to do more highway trips. I hear there might be a 2 person FunRun in CA... hmmmmm. :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,541 Posts
Kiki said:
I average 19 - 22 regardless of the driving conditions. Never gotten less or more. :)
I can only dream of milage like that. I've only gotten over 20 mpg a few times since I purchased my Escape. Most of those were early on when I was in a band and driving the highways much more often. I can't remamber the last time I saw 20. If I do see 20+ again I'll be going :woohoo:

A while back I did a webpage with the milage calculations from the first 10 or 11 months of ownership. If anyone is interested, here's the link: http://members.aol.com/escapedriver/gas_log_2003.htm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Anything less than 29 MPG highway is a disappointment (even when driving through the mountain passes during the winter).

Come to think of it, I can say the same thing for city mileage. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,305 Posts
HybridArchitect said:
Anything less than 29 MPG highway is a disappointment (even when driving through the mountain passes during the winter).

Come to think of it, I can say the same thing for city mileage. :D
You've got me seriously thinking about a hybrid. Very seriously thinking about one... :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,541 Posts
Yea... I've been thinking about a hybrid as well but 3 things keep me from switching. First, I'm looking at buying a house within the next year or so and once I pull the trigger I won't be able to afford a car payment (dang NJ property taxes :cuss:). Second, my company pays for my gas. Third, my Escape is in really good shape for almost 6 years old...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
I get around 29-32 mpg in my Hybrid & I absolutely LOVE the thing.

This is the 2nd one I've owned.

~John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,305 Posts
RobtRoma said:
Yea... I've been thinking about a hybrid as well but 3 things keep me from switching. First, I'm looking at buying a house within the next year or so and once I pull the trigger I won't be able to afford a car payment (dang NJ property taxes :cuss:). Second, my company pays for my gas. Third, my Escape is in really good shape for almost 6 years old...
My '03 is in great shape, but we have a 12 y.o. Explorer that could easily be replaced with a hybrid 'scape when the time comes. By then I'm hoping some will have hit the secondary market.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,541 Posts
Well then... getting a Hybrid sounds like an excellent idea Kiki :)) I hope you can find a nice used one.

I don't see any Hybrid's on the lots around me, new or used. I've been dying to test drive a new one but no dealers have them in stock. I've been checking sporadically over the last 6 months.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,305 Posts
Hopefully this old Explorer will keep exploring for a little while longer. I'm hoping that in the next 2 - 3 years that some will hit the secondary market. All this hybrid talk has definitely got my attention. Under no circumstances will Gigi (the '03 'scape) be traded yet!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
Kiki said:
RobtRoma said:
By then I'm hoping some will have hit the secondary market.
There certainly aren't a lot of used ones around, but they are out there if you look hard enough.

I bought both my 05 & my 06 Hybrid's used. My 06 stickered for something like $34,000 & that is way more than I ever plan to spend for a car. Since I am in the car business I get my vehicles wholesale, but I got this truck with under 4000 miles on it for just over $20,000 & it was in MINT shape when I bought it.

~John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,305 Posts
jmorton10 said:
Kiki said:
RobtRoma said:
By then I'm hoping some will have hit the secondary market.
There certainly aren't a lot of used ones around, but they are out there if you look hard enough.

I bought both my 05 & my 06 Hybrid's used. My 06 stickered for something like $34,000 & that is way more than I ever plan to spend for a car. Since I am in the car business I get my vehicles wholesale, but I got this truck with under 4000 miles on it for just over $20,000 & it was in MINT shape when I bought it.

~John
Sounds like somehow I need to cajole you into coming to a Fun Run in Orlando in my new hybrid from your dealership that you pick up wholesale, eh? :)) :)) :))
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,345 Posts
Kiki said:
HybridArchitect said:
Anything less than 29 MPG highway is a disappointment (even when driving through the mountain passes during the winter).

Come to think of it, I can say the same thing for city mileage. :D
You've got me seriously thinking about a hybrid. Very seriously thinking about one... :)
I'm definitely interested in a hybrid too! But I'm very attached to the Dashariner so I can't let her go just yet. :\/
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top