Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Do you plan to run it to it's grave? Otherwise, I wouldn't be spending too much $. You'll never get any return on anything you do. Tint the front windows @ 20%. Pick up some 16 or 17" wheels/tires for the exterior. I don't like chrome add-ons, but it's not mine :peace: . I wouldn't do anything to the interior (other than sound) -- unless your seats are worn/torn. What kind of look are you going after: street or off-road?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Looks beautiful to me - love the green/grey combo on the exterior. Since it's 2k1, not sure of the miles, but how is the condition of the shocks? Some freshening of the suspension can work wonders to how a vehicle feels day in and day out. Some high-end adjustable shocks might do the trick there with some poly urathane bushings to replace any worn rubber pieces. How about upgrading the tires to something more aggressive, not the rims, since they are nice as well.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I agree with the tinting, always a cheap and easy way to add a unique look. On the older models with the gray plastic molding, I love seeing raised white lettering on tires. If you keep it clean, it really can be an eye catcher. (See my sig pic) Also maybe some window vents, sunroof deflectors, or stone and bug deflectors from weathertech. I've always been a fan of those.

Window Vent

Sunroof Wind Deflector

Stone and Bug Deflector

·
Registered
51 Posts
We have an '01 w/ 156k on it & still running strong! Only thing I've done to it is a battery, front brakes & wheel bearings.
-To answer your question, Tint, bug shield, vent visors, more aggressive tires (depending on where you live BF Goodrich all terrain ta's turned our fwd Escape from a zero to hero in the snow.) and maybe a silver/ grey pinstripe to help bridge the contrast from dark green to the grey plastic?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have an '01 Wedgewood Blue/Gray with 144k. I'm getting my front windows done at 18% to match the back windows, trying to find a decent set of springs(lowering) without breaking the bank. Also planning on a Westin Bull Bar with a couple of spots. Those window deflectors look awesome...i at least need the sunroof one.

Good Luck with yours! I like the Green.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Make it look like mine:

:D :beer:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
RobtRoma said:
Make it look like mine:

Nice photos there Rob!. :thumb:
I have been influenced by this forum.
This is why, i have tires with raised lettering.

Checked out your tires with the lettering.
I thought, ' WOW ' that is quite snazzy!.
So henceforth progressed, with enquiries at my local tire dealer.

Have never regretted it.
They are an interesting effect on a car.
Sort of like having stylish shoes. ;) :shades:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Walkingchaos said:
hehe looks like mine too :)

Hey Walkingchaos - what bug/stone deflector is that? I'm really looking into getting one and I like that style - the slight wrap over the headlights. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
jwarren438 said:
Has any one with these colors ever done any changes to the bottom half or know where I could get some news ones mine on the sides have a worn look been like.that since I got it so any help here is great
A couple of treatments with Mother's Back to Black will help restore the original color of those bottom panels. Or if you are feeling spendy you can have them painted by a body shop. Some people have the bottom panels painted to match the body color which looks good.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Where is that sold at i have never heard of that and thanks
Linna said:
jwarren438 said:
Has any one with these colors ever done any changes to the bottom half or know where I could get some news ones mine on the sides have a worn look been like.that since I got it so any help here is great
A couple of treatments with Mother's Back to Black will help restore the original color of those bottom panels. Or if you are feeling spendy you can have them painted by a body shop. Some people have the bottom panels painted to match the body color which looks good.

·
Registered
77 Posts
RobtRoma said:
Make it look like mine:

Wow i think i said before but i really like those pics it looks so clean i was wondering were u got those wheels from arent they the 2004 set and in ur main pic of u crossing that water did u have any special mods done at the time and how did it handle

1 - 18 of 18 Posts