Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys - I bought an Escape late last year but the dealership had to order it up since nobody had one with my particular specs. I've been jonesing since!

So it's been about a month now. The dealership says it takes about two months to deliver. Is that a conservative estimate? Anybody have any experience with early/late deliveries?

None of this is pressing, of course, but I'm bored and thought I'd say hey...

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I'm thinking it's pretty normal. I don't know, I have almost always bought from dealer stock, or they made a trade with another nearby dealership. Being that I live in a large well populated area, there are dozens of car dealerships with inventory they want to move.

As for your wait, hang in there baby! Your half the way to a new Escape!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I put my order in a week ago, and their standard estimate was 2 months, barring any railroad labour disputes like they had last year in Canada.

It's going to be a long 2 months! I hope they're just being conservative with their estimate too.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I still enjoy, driving the escape every day.
But the most exciting, was seeing my car at the dealership. :yahoo:
This was after it was delivered.

It stayed there for about four days.
They had detailing to do.
Plus the dealer, set up the registration and numberplates.

Also they did underbody treatment. My nudge bar was fitted.
There was window tint to be organised.
Then all my accessories were fitted.
So obviously it all takes time.

The day i drove my brand new " pride and joy " home, was an incredible sensation. :) :woohoo:
Everything, had that brand new bling. Shiny duco and sparkly glass.
I examined every square inch.
All the mechanics plus my sales rep, could see i was brimming with joy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys.

I'm trying to occupy my time with things like "spending time with my family" and "reading books" and "working at my job" but obviously it's a tough slog.

The wait continues... Looking forward to having an Escape to talk about with you all.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
BêteNoire said:
Thanks guys.

I'm trying to occupy my time with things like "spending time with my family" and "reading books" and "working at my job" but obviously it's a tough slog.

The wait continues... Looking forward to having an Escape to talk about with you all.
You are going to love that brand new, interior smell of the escape. :yes:
I think some of it ,emanates from the seat upholstery.
It is a joy ,when other people notice things.
A relative of mine, checked out the escape cabin one day.
The relation said to me: ' Your car still has that brand new smell inside '.
I just replied with a : ' Oh! Thank you', plus a big smile. :) :shades: :happy:

·
Registered
467 Posts
hi!

Bought mine sept. 30 '09 and received it december 2nd so exactly 9 (NINE LONG WEEKS)
but when it arrived at dealer....

.... i was so happy to see it live at last....

received it two days before the first winter storm here in quebec city and played a lot with it in lot of snow...

enjoy yours... the wait worth it...

·
Registered
467 Posts
oh and in the meantime, describe what exactly your escape will look (what model type and color, engine fwd 4wd you ordered...)

and if in canada, how much it cost...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool, thanks for the pics -- style-wise (externally, anyway) your car looks like mine. I'm even more excited now...

Mine will be a 2010 XLT, Sport Appearance, Black, V4, FWD. Added the Sync option and, uh... I think that's it. All-in, after rebates, it was in the neighbourhood of $25k CAD.

·
Registered
467 Posts
BêteNoire said:
Cool, thanks for the pics -- style-wise (externally, anyway) your car looks like mine. I'm even more excited now...

Mine will be a 2010 XLT, Sport Appearance, Black, V4, FWD. Added the Sync option and, uh... I think that's it. All-in, after rebates, it was in the neighbourhood of $25k CAD.
Good... mine cost 32k cad tx included (prov +fed) got 3000$ ford rebate and costco 1000$ cash rebate... glass sheet shows total of about 38k tx included...

v6 awd leather, tow package and sport appearance pack!

Damn i'm happy with it and like it so much...

·
Registered
467 Posts
elmo771 said:
On Janurary 4 I ordered a escape as of today It doesn't have a build date or a vin number. Dealer said it will possibly be the first week of March untill it arrives
yeah... like me, i had a build date exactly five weeks after order so you should have a build date very soon now.
when i got the build date, it took another exactly 4 weeks to get the car at my dealer'S location...

just a little wait and you'll love that car a lot... trust me...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Do I just ask the dealer when the build date is and whether or not it has a VIN?

I paid actually 31000 for mine, SAP, sync, moonroof, ambient lighting, convenience package in silver. this is after trading in my klunker for 2300. I officially bought it last week, I hope it doesn't take long.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I ordered my new escape last night. A little over $30k. It is a Black S.A.P., 203a spec, V6, 4x4, and towing package.
I had originally planned on buying a silver one but someone 2 blocks over from me has one. When i seen it, i wasn't as impressed with its looks as i thought i would be. He put a chrome grill on it and recently :doh: that totally ruined the look.

gbrown69 thanks for the pics they heavily influenced my decision on color. :wave:

·
Registered
467 Posts
TopElimn8r said:
I ordered my new escape last night. A little over $30k. It is a Black S.A.P., 203a spec, V6, 4x4, and towing package.
I had originally planned on buying a silver one but someone 2 blocks over from me has one. When i seen it, i wasn't as impressed with its looks as i thought i would be. He put a chrome grill on it and recently :doh: that totally ruined the look.

gbrown69 thanks for the pics they heavily influenced my decision on color. :wave:
No problem and i know what it is cause at the time i was looking to buy mine, i had a VERY hard time to make my choice of options and colors. And i found out that from all the colors available for 2010 none was really what i searched for. The blue is not exactly the blue i like, the red (sangria) is not the kind of red i like. Really, there's not a really good choice of colors so i ended up with the total absence of color! Black... all black.

But i like it as hell now... didn't regret my choice.

Now count 8 to 9 weeks and you'll be the proud owner of a sap escape...

to atran416... Wait about 4 - 5 weeks after ordering and ask your vendor to check in his system where your order is at now... With his order number, he will see if a vin and week of production as appeared and you should know the approximate day of production (mine was due nov 5th 09 and was produced nov 6th 09)

let us know when you get it :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
and very few on the road... hehe

it's fun to check peoples straring at it when waiting for wife at shop center... an definite head turner...

here in a 500, 000 peoples city i'Ve seen one black like mine and one red to date no silver.

amazing that we see not much on the road...

this is a very unique vehicle...

like it much!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.