Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
Newbie, here, I'm in the market for a new Escape, I'm thinking of the V6 4x4 XLT (SAP) all black.

Can those that know explain to me the differences between the '10 and '09?

I understand the tailliftgate has changed somewhat, any other changes?

thanks in advance

Lammer

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
According to the Ford website:

New for 2010
Changes to the Ford Escape for 2010 are minimal but significant. They include a revised latch switch for the rear liftgate, heated outside mirrors on the upper trim levels, side step bars, roof rails on certain models and new, Federally mandated rear head restraints. Heated front seats are now standard on the some models. A rearview camera, a rarity in this vehicle class, is available as an option. With the diminishing popularity of compact discs, only single-disc players will be available: The six-disc changer has gone the way of the eight-track tape player. A newly available feature, a function typically found only in luxury segment vehicles, is Ford's "Active Park Assist", which helps parallel park the vehicle with minimal driver intervention.

·
Registered
99 Posts
jonas1022 said:
According to the Ford website:

New for 2010
Changes to the Ford Escape for 2010 are minimal but significant. They include a revised latch switch for the rear liftgate, heated outside mirrors on the upper trim levels, side step bars, roof rails on certain models and new, Federally mandated rear head restraints. Heated front seats are now standard on the some models. A rearview camera, a rarity in this vehicle class, is available as an option. With the diminishing popularity of compact discs, only single-disc players will be available: The six-disc changer has gone the way of the eight-track tape player. A newly available feature, a function typically found only in luxury segment vehicles, is Ford's "Active Park Assist", which helps parallel park the vehicle with minimal driver intervention.
LOL 8 track tapes?... how about the cassette tape? The other day my 8 years old nephew asked me "what is a cassette tape?" I had to google it to show him what it look like. :lol:

Man the cassette tapes, I remember those days when the tape player sometimes would eat up the cassette tape :mad:. Thanks goodness for CD and USB now.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
:kneel: Hard drives...

I've had them all. The eight track was a mystery to me when new, then the cassette tape was like a mini reel to reel, WOW! Then came the CD. How cool! :woohoo:

And to think that they are now begining to phase out the CD players. :shock:

·
Registered
99 Posts
haven't tested out a HDD yet on my Kenwood HU. The 4gb USB has been great. I love it, I don't have to fumble around with CDs anymore, all the music is on a USB thumb drive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts