Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I guess my 00 X is jealous of my 08 Escape, first the air bags went out (thanks to F150online for the link to the site, ordered parts and fixed it in like 5 min & $12!)
Now the AC seems kinda week, I mean she is 10 now, so how hard is it to use one of those ~$20 cans to DIY re-charge? I have the 5.4 and auto climate controls, where would the connection be?

TIA for any EC with tips!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Holy Crap! I found the refill connection! It's hidden up on the firewall, pass side, just off the valvecover and behind a big box with wires hanging out. The heater core hoses run just next to it, so since it's supposed to be warmed up & running, you sick you hand (where's gumby when you need him!) between hot hoses and freezing cold AC lines, fun!

But I did get a whole can into the system, still seems a tad low, but we'll run with this and see what happens!

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Maybe you have a pin hole in the coil? It's the usual place, not necessarily the only spot. ;)

Stone penetration and such give it a microscopic crack and out comes the freon! :cry:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's cools, just not the ice the escape can throw out, then again the cabin is what 3x bigger with more glass to heat up more, so. I don't think it's a leak, or else by not it wouldn't even cool. (I mean yea obviously it leaked to need to be recharged)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
you could take it to a shop and have them CSI it. add in some dye, then hit the funny lights. another common problem with A/C is the rubber seals tend to give out eventually.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts