Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Kenwood DNX5140 from Sonicelectronix and I am in the process of installing it into my '04 Escape. I am OK with all the electrical connections but am having troubles securing the HU.

Sonic included a Scosche FD1330 install kit but it has been a real pain in the butt to install.

I trimmed off a bit from the top/bottom of the sub-trim and the HU fits into the hole. I am confused on how to attach the side plates while they are inside the dash opening? If you attach the side plates first, you cant get the HU into the sub-dash opening.

Anyone have any history with that kit and can help?

Thanks!!

Kevin

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Have any pics??? I dont know the inside of a 04

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is a picture showing the right side of the radio sub-dash on my 2004 Escape. You can see where I have already been trimming away at the top of the inner dash. Its really difficult to get through the side openings to do anything.

This is a picture of the center opening. The factory radio presses against the side of the opening and rides along the track in the back.

I don't see anyway to screw into the plastic side pieces to secure the stereo.... PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw that post as well and the 5120 + 5140 do look very similar. I talked to Sonic and they are sending out a Metra 95-5817 kit. Hopefully the Metra kit fits a little better.

I just wish there was a place locally that had these double din kits in stock. :(

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Looks like others had to trim away like you have been doin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts