Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So included on the DNX7100 it has 2 relays coming out of the back that can be used for a garage door opener or any other electronic device that can utilize this feature...me being a noob at this I have no idea how to wire this stuff. Does anyone know how I can do this? What parts I will need? I would love to have an integrated garage door opener so I can take that ugly box thing out of my ride...JP? :)

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Wow...the Kenwood has just about everything, doesn't it?

Is there a diagram that shows the relay connections, and when they're active?

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Relay Input: There is a 3-pin input terminal on the back of the unit that is used for the supplied relay harness.

This is all the info I can find:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:bump:

·
Registered
311 Posts
In relation to the garage door question that I have posted in interior mods, I was extremely interested when I read about this feature after researching the DNX7120. It looks like the 7120 and 7100 are the same except for the exterior. I understand the concept of relays, I just need to find the "relay" in question. I looked through the product descriptions and I think that the relay wiring kit comes with (you should have)? By plugging that into the back of the unit and checking out how much voltage the 7100 is putting out when the relay is activated via the touchscreen, we could figure out what kind of relay we need.... Scooooooter??? :whistle:

A relay operates by opening and closing under the direction of voltage from another circuit (i.e. from 7100) When power is applied from the host circuit, it attracts an actuator within the relay to complete the other circuit.

Garage door openers operate by completing the circuit, hence the "click" you hear. It will require some wiring from the relay to the garage door opener, so be prepared to buy/sacrifice one. Additionally, it may be wise to think about battery life vs. wiring through the car as it is likely that this will reside as close to the top/front of the dash as possible for best transmission results. Access to the opener after installation of the H/U may not be desirable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts