Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
I've been on the do not call register for the past year. Definitely don't get as many calls. Although have had about six marketing calls - Telstra (our major telco) has been the worst offender closely followed by telemarketers from India whom you cannot understand what they are selling or for what company.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
So the India calls aren't limited to the US?

:lol:

"Hello, I'm Bob."

:bill:

I put all of our numbers on the US national do-not-call list about four years ago, and we've had NO calls from telemarketers for at least three years, home or cell.

https://www.donotcall.gov/

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
there is a guy in teh US who tapes calls from telemarketers. its hillarious. i will find the clip

·
Registered
138 Posts
LOL thats funny

I've heard that before, and if that was me i'd be scared!

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
:hyst: :clap:

And I thought I was being funny when I used to ask the telemarketer if I could put them on hold for a minute. I'd press MUTE, then put the phone down and leave it there until they hung up.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
dont thank me lol, i almost fell outta my chair the first time i heard that. but the worst for me was when the Ottawa sun newspaper called, and i gave them a sob story how my wife and i cant read or write, and my 4yr old goes to the neighbors a few hours a day so that she is not held up in society like me and my wife, and started crying then thanked her for reminding me of the burden i carry.

hehe

the Ottawa sun has never called me since.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
CrashNburn said:
dont thank me lol, i almost fell outta my chair the first time i heard that. but the worst for me was when the Ottawa sun newspaper called, and i gave them a sob story how my wife and i cant read or write, and my 4yr old goes to the neighbors a few hours a day so that she is not held up in society like me and my wife, and started crying then thanked her for reminding me of the burden i carry.

hehe

the Ottawa sun has never called me since.
That's funny !!! :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts