Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One TPMS on my 08 Escape is failing, and my tire shop (Costco) is telling me I have to replace all four w/ the new stem type. Is that really necessary? Why can't they replace just the failing one? They're selling new ones for $45 each, w/ $15 to install each. I plan on just waiting until my next set of tires (in about 10k miles) before replace the TPMS, so I have time to research it....

Thanks.

·
Registered
208 Posts
They're probably working on the assumption that if one fails now, then the others will fail before your next set of tires, but you don't HAVE to replace all at once.

Your best bet would be to replace them when you're changing your tires, it shouldn't cost much extra at that time.

·
Registered
2020 Ttanium Hybrid/2009 Limited Hybrid
23 Posts
One TPMS on my 08 Escape is failing, and my tire shop (Costco) is telling me I have to replace all four w/ the new stem type. Is that really necessary? Why can't they replace just the failing one? They're selling new ones for $45 each, w/ $15 to install each. I plan on just waiting until my next set of tires (in about 10k miles) before replace the TPMS, so I have time to research it....

Thanks.
I bought a set of four TPMS replacement sensors off of eBay for $25, BYO when it comes to the sensor. And the other poster is correct, you only need to replace them as they fail. if you can, get the work done when they are replacing tires, there should be no additional charge.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts