Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my Escape it didn't come with a cargo space cover but I am now thinking of getting one. I'm used to having a system in a car with a sealed trunk. Having my sub in the trunk sort of filtered out most of the port noise etc. I'm wondering if I pick up a cargo space cover on ebay if this may help with that as well as hide the sub? Or will the thing just me shaking and rattling away back there. Anyone use one of those covers with a system?

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'm wanting to know too, but I think mine will rattle. My sub faces up and the port is toward the tailgate. Plus my port doesn't make much noise because its an Aeroport.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
OK, I think I can report on this. You are talking about the roll-up thing in the back, right?

It does not rattle. I have had very big, very bad (the good kind of bad) systems in this truck, and that cover hasn't been an issue at all.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It really comes down to how much air your moving. Mine will rattle all the time when rolled out and on a few notes when rolled up, but thats with two 15's. Luckily Im replacing them soon with a single 12.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys. No, I don't have anything extreme in there. Just 1 12 atm. Will prob snag a cover soon then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts