Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody live, work or drive through this area at all, because I'm looking for information on a vintage double decker bus that was last sighted there a couple of years ago...

It's UK reg number is (Was??) JVH 370, and was last sighted at the Kings Head Pub..

Many thanks, James.

Or indeed any sightings / pictures of UK buses in America (esp in Denver, Colarado) are very much appreciated by me, as I'm contemplating a little project ;)

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,649 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
I haven't been to St. Augustine since, oh, Friday. Well not down past the bus but I'm an hour away from it. I don't usually drive by that way, it's not the fastest way for a trip from anywhere in Jax but the beaches. I don't particularly remember seeing it either. What were you looking for?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cbramsey said:
According to their website, they still have a picture of the double decker bus.

http://staugustine.com/directory/visit/1249444.shtml

Wifey and I have driven by it but have never visited it.
Ajax said:
I haven't been to St. Augustine since, oh, Friday. Well not down past the bus but I'm an hour away from it. I don't usually drive by that way, it's not the fastest way for a trip from anywhere in Jax but the beaches. I don't particularly remember seeing it either. What were you looking for?
Wow, thanks for the replies :peace:

He he, their website makes quite amusing reading for me, esp when it comes to explaining the English pub culture :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

(God help them if they set up a Scottish bar...........)

Anyhow, thats the bus in the picture, shame it's been painted in London red with a London advert, the nearest that it ever got to London was 280 miles away at Lepton, ah well.

If you are ever passing it, Ajax, could you get a few piccies if possible, and give a general hint on it's condition, it looks to be structually sound, and complete with seats (should be of lowbridge seating style upstairs).

Thanks again, James.

BTW any other sightings of UK buses is appreciated :thumb:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Isn't a tour bus company in NYC using some for tourists?

We had some around the DFW area, but that was decades ago and I have no idea where they are parked. Or if they have been hauled off to the scrap heap... :shrug:

·
Registered
781 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts