Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently took ownership of an '02 Escape. I've been having idling problems, so I did removed the MAF and TB for a good cleaning. Anyway, to my surprise there was only 1 bolt and 1 stud securing the TB to the manifold. Is that normal?

Please note that there are only two threaded inserts in the manifold also.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Seriously? Not a single one of you can tell me if the throttle body only requires 2 bolts? Can someone just walk out to your Escape and take a look at how many bolts are securing your TB to the manifold? :(

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I would....but I've got a 2.0...so that wouldn't help you at all. :shrug:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Grip Grip said:
Seriously? Not a single one of you can tell me if the throttle body only requires 2 bolts? Can someone just walk out to your Escape and take a look at how many bolts are securing your TB to the manifold? :(
:hyst:
These Ford Escape owners are sure a lazy bunch... :)P ...I'm just a dumb ole Mazda Tribute owner..
{2001 V-6 3.0} It's the same engine you have..So I guess I'll pick up their slack. I would have answered this question for ya earlier but I had to de-grease and steam clean my engine before I could see my throttle body... :shrug: Just Kidding..Actually I was too drunk to stager out to my garage and look.. :hyst: Just Kidding again..
Seriously there are only two bolts that attach the throttle body to the intake manifold.
I went out and looked at mine just to be sure. In the Haynes Repair Manual there is a picture also. It's clearly shown in Chapter 4-14 illustration 12.1 1b.
There is your answer. Don't mind me pokin a little fun. You probably should get the manual if you like doing your own work. Hope this helps and have a nice day :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yep..that's all it has. I replaced my throttle body about a year ago and was surprised as well...I had to double check to confirm it at the time because I thought maybe a bolt or whatever had been lost.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help. :thumb:

When I removed the TB I cleaned the notch (IAC) but I don't recall there being anything there. I need to remove it again this afternoon and take a look.

BY the way, I did download the service manual, but I didn't see any photos that provided enough information to answer the bolt question.

Thanks again. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Be sure to check your vacuum lines for any cracks/imperfections.

That could cause an irregular idle also. :thumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently took ownership of an '02 Escape. I've been having idling problems, so I did removed the MAF and TB for a good cleaning. Anyway, to my surprise there was only 1 bolt and 1 stud securing the TB to the manifold. Is that normal?

Please note that there are only two threaded inserts in the manifold also.

well i just searched this for the same reason as mine only has two bolts as well ,, but does look like there was two nuts missing or they just forgot to put then manufactor forgot to put then in one sids does look like you could put a nut and bolt in but the other does need to be the molded in type as your photo ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
well i just searched this for the same reason as mine only has two bolts as well ,, but does look like there was two nuts missing or they just forgot to put then manufactor forgot to put then in one sids does look like you could put a nut and bolt in but the other does need to be the molded in type as your photo ...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts