Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Door Scuff plates

5K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  tok 
#1 ·
#4 ·
They look like they would stop all those little scratches that you always get on the door sill.
It's hard to judge what they look like when you are looking at a picture on a web site.
Anyone have experiance with these?

#5 ·
I don't have the black plastic ones but I've heard they are nice. I actually have the stainless steel ones and they are great but a bit costly ($90 five years ago). They were easy to install and they are very durable and they look really good. I put a page about them on my website. CLICK HERE to see the page.

Here are pics of them installed:

#6 ·
I always wanted the stainless steel ones...I actually want something that I can put on my back bumper...it sure is getting a lot of scuffs/scratches now that I use my trunk more often.

#7 ·
Ooh, I like those scuff plates!! Black and silver both! I'd love the silver ones, though!!
Thanks for posting your pics, Rob!!

#15 ·
tok said:
I scored a set of the black door sill scuff plates. If it stays above 0 degrees this weekend, I will install them..
Cool :shades:

Be sure to post some pics and a quick review. Also be sure you test fit them and know where you want them before you do the final installation because once they are in place, they won't move.

#16 ·
Had to rush to do the install today as the forcast for tomorrow is a chance of snow flurries. Pics to follow..
I like the way they look once installed, they add a nice touch. The black works perfectly for the color of my escape.

Measured to get the best look and balance. I found for the front doors, if you measure 2 1/2" down from the edge of the inside trim and 3 1/2" down for the back doors it put the scuff plates right in the middle of those inside trim pieces.
I thought the scuff plates felt alittle light, so I used Permatex Black silicone on the underside (side that is on the vehicle) to fill in the molded-in details reliefs. They dont look any better for it, but they dont sound as plasticy.

On to the next mod..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.