Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hola,

Sorry about the downtime this weekend. We had a combination of Murphy's laws that caused it to happen. I'm on a business trip, my office manager wasn't available all weekend, my parents were out of town (they have an extra set of electronic keys to get into the building and my office), there was a power failure that lasted for over two hours, the building generator didn't kick in (which is supposed to happen within 5 minutes), and the UPS batteries on each server could only last for one hour each. Finally, only this server didn't come back up when power was restored. Murphy's law was written for things like this.

:cuss:

I'm sorry that the site was down.

Carry on.

·
Super Moderator
14,901 Posts
Thanks for taking so much of your time on this. I know how frustrating it must have been for you this weekend. We all thank-you! :WW

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're quite welcome.

It got me to use my laptop more than it's ever been used before, that's for sure.

:wacko:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Murphy is the guy we don't like! You are fine! :play:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a Murphy's Law poster in my office. It has dozens of "modifications" to Murphy's Law.

One of them says something like "When there's a possibility of more than one thing going wrong, they all will."

:bang:

Should I shred the poster?

·
Super Moderator
14,901 Posts
Nah, because it's a reminder that the light at the end of the tunnel is usually a train comming at you. :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:hyst: :clap:

·
Super Moderator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,585 Posts
I thought it was because we "melted down" the Internet!!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
MadMax said:
Nah, because it's a reminder that the light at the end of the tunnel is usually a train comming at you. :lol:
:kneel: :kneel:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
JPark please do not apologize. We GREATLY appreciate everything that you are doing for us. This is a great site and you have done a wonderful job!!! I THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for providing us with this outstanding place!!!

A big thanks to all the moderators as well !!! :)) :\/

:WW

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Wowser ... just glad its all back intact. I've lived through the multiple failure scenario before in my professional experience. NOT FUN!

I was starting to get the DT's from withdrawal!! :worry: Thanks JP for all you're doing for us here.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
I think we were all feeling the effects of withdrawal.

Thanks for getting us back, JP! :woohoo:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
All is well in the City now and that's all that matters.

:WW

Thanks for all your hard work, jp! :beer:

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
:beer: Great job Jon. We all appreciate your efforts. Buy yourself a Blizzard out of the money you owe me!!

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
weebee said:
:beer: Great job Jon. We all appreciate your efforts. Buy yourself a Blizzard out of the money you owe me!!
There is a kick in the nuts lol

Thanks Jon!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Thanks, JP! What a weekend, eh? Thanks so much for all that you're doing.

·
Registered
220 Posts
cbramsey said:
I thought it was because we "melted down" the Internet!!! :lol:
right, & Al Gore needed to turn it back on again for us...............

~John

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
jpark said:
Hola,

Sorry about the downtime this weekend. We had a combination of Murphy's laws that caused it to happen. I'm on a business trip, my office manager wasn't available all weekend, my parents were out of town (they have an extra set of electronic keys to get into the building and my office), there was a power failure that lasted for over two hours, the building generator didn't kick in (which is supposed to happen within 5 minutes), and the UPS batteries on each server could only last for one hour each. Finally, only this server didn't come back up when power was restored. Murphy's law was written for things like this.

:cuss:

I'm sorry that the site was down.

Carry on.
:rant: :rant: :rant:

:lol:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts