Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here in need of instruction.
1. The lock/unlock switch illumination on my 08 escape drivers panel is out and I would like to fix it. Does it have a replaceable bulb/led or do you have to replace the switch? I have attempted to remove the panel and got as far as the last clip right beneath the mirror adjusted control switch panel. The interior door handle seems to be held in by something. I can't determine what is holding it. Any help would be appreciated.
2. My 08 didn't have the door panel lock code with it. I'm getting the opinion that the 5 digit number my be stamped some where on the vehicle visible if I only knew where to look. Any ideas. Also if the combination has been changed does the factory combinations still work.
Thanks for any help :confused:
Don

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
So I dont know where the code would be. but I know that the factory code should always work even if there was another code added. Sometimes there is a card in the owners manual that has the number. I think that the dealer should be able to get it for you if you give them your vin number. good luck.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
There IS a thread around here that stated where it was stamped I think its on the PCM module. BUt I remember JPARK was in the thread talking about it.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Yeah thats one of them, the other is ?????

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the help folks. That should help a bunch. BTW on the code, I got to salesman to get me the code. It took some whining and crying but he finally came around and saw it my way. Yippee.
Again thanks for all the help.

Don

1 - 7 of 7 Posts