Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I am trying to find a relay that will allow me to keep my driving lights on while the high beams are being used. Any ideas? Or is there a relay out there somewhere?

Thanks,

alaska_juliens

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I'm never quite sure why people are interested in doing this mod.
The fog lights and high beams serve completely different purposes and certainly would not compliment each other.
Why not just invest in a decent set of driving lights?
IMHO a lot less hassle and far better results.
(The factory lights in the bumper are fog lights not driving lights)

·
Registered
501 Posts
I was trying to do the same, however i wasn't able, and at the dealer they told me it wasnt possible. I've seen for Dodge Ram (they have the same problem) a system that allows you to have the fogs, low beams and high beams (just like when you flash you lights) on all the time, but is not compatible with Ford. So I ordered, a pair of hella 500FF driving lights

·
Registered
501 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
molanojuan said:
Airmapper said:
To my knowledge this is illegal just about everywhere.
I guess...however i've always have had the doubt...why the cars that have separate high and low beams(Golf, tourageg, etc), can keep the fogs with the highs?
Yeah I think it's stupid, if no one is in front of me I don't see why I shouldn't be able to throw every lumen, candlepower, or what have you down the road I'm able to. (I guess I can till a cops sees it and is in the mood to stop me, but I like to try my best to follow the laws.)

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Airmapper said:
To my knowledge this is illegal just about everywhere.
Dont know why its illegal, but Im not interested in this mod. Not a bad idea but not interested.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hope it's OK to post this here, but the "do it yourself" instructions were published years ago on the E s c a p e - C e n t r a l web site. Maybe they can be resurrected here?
http://www. e s c a p e - c e n t r a l .com/1forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30630

1 - 8 of 8 Posts