Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Tribute is but 9 mos old and from the first month I noticed a "swishing" sound (not exactly a rattle) from the driver side door. It is most noticable on turns & undulations in the road (Up & down movement) and obviously is annoying.The dealer says he "insulated" the door for me & indeed I do notice less wind noise- great but the rustling- swishing noise continues. Any one had a similar problem? or does anyone know what the heck i'm talking about?? thanks-

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Fox9p3400 said:
Could be a strut
That is what I think too.It seems to be the gas compression in the shock that makes that noise.
It is not uncommon with new cars and depending on ones mileage it gradually goes away.But to be honest after 9 months...I would not bet on that cause.
And on a more crazy thought...could the dealer have overgreased the door rubber insulators?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies but I'm sure it's in the door itself & likely just the plastic panels moving somehow when I make certain manuvers. I was hoping someone had the same problem & came up with a fix-

·
Registered
516 Posts
Trapped water in the door?

Open the door and check to see that the drainage holes are clear.

Sometimes on new cars the undercoating goo plugs them up.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Manic Mechanic said:
Trapped water in the door?

Open the door and check to see that the drainage holes are clear.

Sometimes on new cars the undercoating goo plugs them up.

Good thinking!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts