Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
#1 - I am thinking of doing a 2" drop on my 2010 Escape with 19" wheels. Has anyone dropped their ride? Are there any issues to consider before dropping it? Will the drop affect the AWD switch in bad weather conditions ?

#2 - I have inquired about getting some phantom flames done and the cost is outrageous for the real deal on a daily driver. I heard a while back that 3M has a body decal that can be applied, looks like the real deal, various colors and shades and virtually less than half the price of the paint job. Has anyone done any decal effects on their front end using 3M decals or any other producer of such an item ?
Thanks all !

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
There are always casuse for concern when dropping and adding a bigger rim and tire. Rubbing is always a big one, especialy on turns and bumps. That all depends on the size of the wheel you get and tire. (offset, how tall tire may be, width of the wheel, etc.....). AWD will still be active when needed.

dalerd said:
#1 - I am thinking of doing a 2" drop on my 2010 Escape with 19" wheels. Has anyone dropped their ride? Are there any issues to consider before dropping it? Will the drop affect the AWD switch in bad weather conditions ?

quote]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts