Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.e85fuel.com/information/ford.php
lists the 3.0L sable, Taurus, and ranger (all of these vehicles are Post 2001) as E-85 compatible.
Based on the assumption that the 3.0L duratec family is the same since 2001, could the escape 3.0L be E-85 compatible?

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I wouldn't put any of that in my car, Tribbie, or truck. It's already at 10% in most areas. Why pay more for fewer calories?

To address the question I would surely look in the service manual and see what it says.

I wouldn't trust the dealer to know. Ford Service writer that I talked to said the Escape has always had the 2.0L four as the base engine... :confused: I wonder what the 2.3L engines are doing in there then?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Around here E85 is $0.50 cheaper than regular.
That's why.
I'll have to check the manual.

But I agree, CORN ethanol is a scam. Cellulose Ethanol is a better option, as well as the algae made ethanol.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Don't be advocating using algae as a source for ethanol. PETA will be after you for killing little people... :doh: :bang:

Supposedly sawgrass is a better idea. I don't want any of it. Gas should be made from petroleum. As for corn, it's food, even if it's better that pigs eat it and not humans. I grew up on a farm, and sympathise with farmers. But I have to draw the line at using food for running machinery. Imo, if we want to save the enviorment and clean up the air. Turn off the house a/c, whenever possible; ride a bicycle, and go to bed when it gets dark. That'll will save more energy than anyone can possibly imagine. :thumb: I doubt that true tree huggers do any of that however... :(

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We never use the A/C around here, the Sea breeze takes care of things.
And yes, PETA would get angry, but MY version of PETA would be happy...

PETA = People for the EATING of TASTY ANIMALS!

Nuff said.

I looked into the issue a little more, I don't think the escape is E-85 compatible due to the harmful effect of ethanol on aluminum alloys.

Unless anyone wants to guinea pig.... :bill:

oh, and DON'T buy those "e-85 conversion kits"....Total scam.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Bloodtrocuted said:
We never use the A/C around here, the Sea breeze takes care of things.
And yes, PETA would get angry, but MY version of PETA would be happy...

PETA = People for the EATING of TASTY ANIMALS!

Nuff said.

I looked into the issue a little more, I don't think the escape is E-85 compatible due to the harmful effect of ethanol on aluminum alloys.

Unless anyone wants to guinea pig.... :bill:

oh, and DON'T buy those "e-85 conversion kits"....Total scam.
I beleive we are on the same page. :thumb:

BTW, the author of a book supposedly about the greenhouse effect and co2 global warming has recently gone on record and stated that his work is a piece of fiction. If the global warming were a result of co2 that it would be detected at about 5-6K feet above sea level as a warm layer. No layer exists after extensive testing. At least according to this scientist. Hmmm...so do we beleive him now?
:bust:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.