Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was previously having problems with my Escape becoming extremely dusty. I replaced the cabin air filter but it is still getting pretty dusty. I always (try) to keep it as clean as possible inside by vacuuming, washing windows, etc..what could be the problem?? I do live out in the boondocks, could all the dust just in the air in general be the problem?

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Hmmm.....do you drive with the windows/moonroof (if you have one) open a lot? I don't do half of all you do and my dash (although dusty) wouldn't be described as extremely dusty. The dash is black too, so every speck is noticed. But I dust weekly in my house and it's crazy how fast the dust accumulates. Sounds like you're doing as much as possible. I think it's just a never-ending battle with dust. :beer:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I agree with Dasha.
Seems to be dust in the air.

My escape dashboard, attracts dust easily.
Not sure if there is any product, that actually repells dust.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Try rubbing your dash with a dryer sheet. Like Bounce. That should help.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Yeah, it works by shifting the surface tension (static charge) to a lower level? Something like that. The dust is positive charged, so there is less tension and the dust slides off onto the floor. Or into the air. I forget which. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
One more thing: although it's not always healthy, you can set the climate control system to RECIRC instead of fresh air. If you're driving through dusty areas, that will keep the dust from entering the car.

Have you had the dust analyzed for content?

:lol: :bill:

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jonas1022 said:
Yeah, it works by shifting the surface tension (static charge) to a lower level? Something like that. The dust is positive charged, so there is less tension and the dust slides off onto the floor. Or into the air. I forget which. :shrug:
Well I finally got around to trying it, and an up side to it is also smells fresh out of the dryer.. :lol: now we play the waiting game and see what happens :popcorn:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts