Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished my insulation project with Dynomat Extreme (trunk kit). As usually with these types of projects, application took less time then preparation.
For proper application it needs to be applied direly to the metal body of a truck, so all related panels and trim need to be removed.
Here are some pictures:

1) Here is how the product comes

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
2) Removing black plastic panel on a floor was actually the hardest part - 4 screws that hold it were tighten so hard so no power tools would (at least the once I have) turn it. In addition to that they are located in not the most reachable spots.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3) First I thought that the package will be enough to cover the trunk floor only. But after I removed black panel and cover it tuned our that I will probably have enough even to cover wheel fenders partially. So I removed side panels and trim as well. I was very pleased to see the per-installed sound/noise proofing that Ford provides: there was white cloth with foam rubber and silicon (black on fenders) insulation on sides.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
4) To remove everything you will also need to disconnect ABS cables running on sides of rear doors. That was fast and easy, so I started my application. On a picture below is the final result. I actually had about two square foot of Dynmomat leftovers, so I have unscrewed trunk door trim and applied it there as well.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
macawmatt said:
Question is, how noticeable is the change in noise volume in the Escape now??
I can hear the difference right away: there is a difference in noise level at front and back now. Rear noise is like muffed, hears like truck is more substantial there. I am planning to continue the upgrade with Dynopads at front now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks good. I did the four doors when I replaced my door speakers. I really want to do the trunk, I feel like most of the noise comes from there. I did notice a difference by doing the doors.

·
Registered
854 Posts
With just doing dyno on the doors especially for better sound out of your stereo makes a big difference, im running the stock limited sound with the woofer and doing dyno on the doors has made a huge improvement in sound

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice job. I've applied my entire car with sound deader, expect for roof. I started with the front doors and kept going all the way back. I have even gone so far as added it to the underneath of my hood. It makes a huge difference sound wise, also the car feels more solid too.

·
Registered
30 Posts

I got the false floor out of mine no issue, as I am dampening mine currently. But whats all that hard cement stuff already on it? I don't see many other pics on the forum with that at all.

Also how did you get the paneling off, because quite frankly I'm scared to even tug on it without something breaking.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looks good so far. That's factory sound deadening material that they sprayed on for you already.

Just give it a good tug. You'll see that its all held together by a bunch of clips and fastener's and things. Before you do make sure that you take all the screws that are visible are out. And use a screw driver to pry between the metal and body panels. You should get a nice separation that way.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Javafox said:
lamg55 said:
Looks good so far. That's factory sound deadening material that they sprayed on for you already.
Did you just put the dynomat over the top of that stuff?
The stuff that was already in the cargo area was pretty thick and hard, so I did just lay it over, considering it was easier. Figured it was for vibration due to the added weight/thickness. I may order some more and take lamg55's advice and check for screws and pull off my panels and put some on there as well. Since it's higher up it should help with even more of the vibration. Then work on the actual cabin floor. May also put on a layer of Second Skin Luxury Liner, just to thicken it up a bit and take a tad bit more of the exterior noise out.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Nice. Let me know how it goes. I'm interested in doing this since I'm going to be busting into my doors at some point to install LEDs and figured I could kill two birds with one stone and quiet the car up a bit while I'm at it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.