Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of all the names the Ford Escape is called, I am afraid I have yet another one to add. I'm the (maybe not so proud) owner of the one and only (to my knowledge) Ford SCAP.

It looks like an Escape, drives like an Escape, and Sounds like an Escape, but it appears to be the rare Ford SCAP, from the drivers side at least.

Now on a more serious note, anyone have any good suggestions on adhesives?

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I saw an Escape Hybrid a few years ago that someone... er... changed.

I guess you can make an "ESCAPADE" with an extra Escape badge and an extra HYBRID badge.

:lol:

I use 3M 06383 emblem tape. Remove all old adhesive from the back of the badge, clean it thoroughly with isopropyl alcohol, then press the badge on an open side of the tape. Carefully trim around (and inside) the badge with a sharp hobby knife.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks JP. I'll look for some of this where I work, I know we use 3M products and we have double stick tape everywhere, but most of it I've found so far is too thick and my letters would stick out, so I may end up getting what you showed there.

I'm just glad I discovered they were coming off before they just fell off, I was washing it and they started moving around, I ended up puling them off to save so I could re-mount them. I found it odd just the "E's" came off, but a few of the other letters are a tiny bit loose, they may come off later.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I'd take them off and leave them off ;-| . Just clean the glue from the paint. Most people know one when they see one, and it makes for a cleaner tailgate. :yes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts