Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just had a small earth tremor in the Buffalo/Niagara area at around 1:45PM, Eastern time.

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/06/23/1 ... ttled.html

Apparently, there were people in other areas of New York State and Ontario who felt it as well. I only felt it for about five or ten seconds, but some people report that it went on for almost a minute.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Hmmm, are you sure your stomach growling didn't cause it?? :D

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:doh: :lol:

It was around lunchtime...

:bill:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:lol:

I do tend to cry wolf once in a while, don't I?

:bill:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:calvin:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

"The sky tumbling down?"

:shock: :fan:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
A lot of people here in London are saying they felt this tremor. I work in an office next to a busy rail line so most people here didn't think much of a little vibration rolling through the office.
I was on lunch and didn't really notice, I may have been on the stairs at the time, so would have been pretty hard to tell.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I know it's probably not the best reaction one should have, but when a earthquake woke me up one night I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I hopped from the bed to the computer and had USGS up and surprisingly their data is posted very fast, only a few minutes could have passed from when I felt it to when I had the info up on it.

It's awesome you felt it, the quake that shook my bed a couple years ago went unnoticed by most people.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
I've lived in Southern California all my life and earthquakes still freak me out really. We had a 7.2 at Easter time in Baja and a 5.7 (an aftershock!) earlier this month in Ocotillo (near where my sig pics were taken) along with 100's of aftershocks.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
BLKXLT said:
OOps Dasha beat me to the Carole King song.
Need to read more slowly.

Great minds think alike. :thumb: :D :thumb:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.