Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woohooo!!!!! We had a lovely 5.8 earth quake in Californina today. It was out in Chino Hills. We had to evacuate our factory but thats just about it. :lol:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Wow !!! Sounds like both you AND bloodtrocuted experienced this. He tells about it in the weather thread.

That would have freaked me out !! Glad that y'all are okay. :)

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,600 Posts
The good news is that most items of infrastructure (freeways, buildings, etc.) are designed to handle a "Normal" earthquake.

In 1996, my wife and I slept through a 4.0 with the epicenter about 15 miles away from where we were living. Our cats were extremely upset though!!! :shock:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
cbramsey said:
In 1996, my wife and I slept through a 4.0 ....
Dang, y'all slept through an earthquake !! :lol: Y'all must have been really tired. :lol:

Reminds me of the when hubby almost slept through the remnants of hurricane Hugo. My son was ten days old and my daughter 2 years. I stayed awake all night on the couch with both of them beside me. I was glued to the TV. It hit around 3am. I had to go back and wake hubby up !!! :rant: :bang: :lol:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've slept through many earthquakes, not that hard really. Oh, and 4.0's are nothing.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
I've never experienced an earthquake. Sounds a little scary to me. :worry:

I imagine that you are probably used to them, 02escape. Glad that it was not severe !! :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There has only been two times when i've been scared in them.

first time: My first time being in one
Second time: Few years back working at a fisht store and all of the fish tanks started swaying back and for while I was in the middle of them....those stands were 20 years old and rusty.........so yeah....scared the shit outta me. I ran like hell. :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts