Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What will make my 2010 Escape XLT v6 faster? Cold air intake? Supercharger? Engine swap? What’s the easiest way to make my escape faster?

·
Registered
48 Posts
With a ton of money and know how you could probably be the first to do an engine swap or supercharger. There aren't any known kits, so it won't be cheap or easy, and then whatever you do, the power has to go through a transfer box you can fit in a lunch box.
Fast is not what this car does. Its not particularly slow either
Cold air intake? Look under the hood, the air comes from the hood gap and to the TB, so there isn't anything to gain there. Racer boys like to use aluminum pipe and suck hot air in from the engine bay and call that a cold air intake. Maybe chicks dig it, I don't know.
Practical things are the usual:
Fresh plugs make a difference, maybe free up the exhaust. Clean the throttle body to give a snappier throttle. Run E85, it's about 105 octane, seems to change the feel a bit.
The Escape is a practical smaller sport utility. If fast is what you seek, you may have the wrong vehicle.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
What will make my 2010 Escape XLT v6 faster? Cold air intake? Supercharger? Engine swap? What’s the easiest way to make my escape faster?
An intake or exhaust upgrade on their own won't do anything - in no time, your ECU will reconfigure other elements of the engine, like ignition, to meet factory set parameters.

Getting a tune, like the SCT, in conjunction with other mods will work. But it isn't cheap.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Drop in a Mazdaspeed3/Mazdaspeed6/Mazda CX-7 turbo engine and transmission. They're what the 2.0/2.3 EcoBoost engines are based off of

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Yes, Mustang.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts