Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I loaded my 87 performance tune and I averaged 24 mpg
With the OEM Ford tune I averaged 22.5 mpg
finally I loaded the economy or mpg tune and I averaged 13 mpg :?

I actually am quite impressed with the 87 performance and wouldn't expect the mpg tune to achieve much more than + 2 mpg

Anyone else experience this too? Should I be looking at replacing something? My E is totally stock, 80,000 miles with the 2.3. I recently put a new fuel filter in it, plugs and ran some sea foam through the tank.re

· Registered
1,126 Posts
So I would try running the Eco tune for a week and see if you notice any difference. I always run 87 performance on my V6 because I get better power and same MPG's as stock. The Eco tune did get me better MPG's about 2 MPG, but I noticed a serious change in the shift points, which kept the engines rpms down and reduced power so it felt like a 4 cylinder.

· Registered
1,190 Posts
When I tried the 87 eco tune on my 2.3L I4, I ended up using more gas as I was always trying to floor it to get going faster. My 87 oct performance tune seems to work pretty well and I get a tad better than stock. I think the only time I'll go to 87 eco tune is long hwy trips. I just recently had a 10 hour drive (one way) and was getting 26mpg. But around town, it drives me nuts how slow it is, so I go 87 performance.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I filled up the tank and loaded the mpg tune again. I know what you mean about using the 87 performance, it improves everything.
I will be driving from Illinois to Colorado next week so I will have a good test for the different tunes then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.