Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a electrical question.. As you can see (http://escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7323) i hooked up the two LED Strips to the 12V cig lighter wires (since i blew the cig lighter)... But the question is how much power is coming out of those wires and could i add another 2 8" LED strips like i want? cause the 24" LED strips use 12 volts and I think 10amps and the 8" strips use 12 volts to but i don't know how many amps.. If i both hook them up to the wires would it cause it to blow a fuse or would i have to like replace that fuse to allow more amps? Sorry if this is confusing... its been bugging me all day today :wall: :wall: :wall:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
LED strips take very little power... usually less than 100ma (0.1A).

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
So this basically means you could run a light show inside your Escape.

Sweet, I'm signing up.

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Four_Eyes said:
SUVord said:
Four_Eyes said:
Oh man....now you guys got me thinking about putting led lights inside my Escape.
Hey, Christmas is around the corner!
Hmmm....Maybe I'll use red and green LEDs. :thumb:
Hey why not!! I added the LED's because the car is so dark and I can't see the floor so I addedd them because I would enjoy seeing the floor I picked Blue cause I am a SCUBA Diver and I love the ocean!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
LED's are amazingly efficient and hardly draw anything you have to worry about. As example, I use an LED Digital Moving Billboard in the back of my vehicle and I have left it running for 10 days at airport constantly and not only was my battery not effected, it started right up, so these are high output super bright daylight LED's and so I don't think you will have an issue with some interior lighting.

Success to all,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts