Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, look what is now appearing in Emmerdale, could Ford be soo desperate to plug the Kuga that they will give one away for 3 years FOC???

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,647 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics Camus.

I wonder if Ford is considering selling that vehicle here in the US??

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I'm thinking that the Kuga is being slotted to replace the Escape in the USA. Maybe for the 2011 MY. 2010 if they can make some sales and generate some revenue to pay for the conversion to US standards. At least that's what's up on the Blue Oval News. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Big Chris said:
RobtRoma said:
Too bad it doesn't have the Rav's V6 engine...
But it does have the 2.5, 5 cylinder turbo from the Focus ST! :yahoo: :drool:
I'm thinking that Toy is a boat anchor compared to the 5 cylinder from the Focus. And it's Federalized in the Volvo, so theoretically that engine could find it's way across the Atlantic in the new Ford... :woohoo:

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
I hope so but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I don't know anything about the 5-cyl turbo...

·
Registered
297 Posts
its great, as said its in the Focus ST over here which is my other car, and i have mine at 270 bhp with just a SCT style tuning box :)

its the same engine as the volvo T5 lump which is in the current c30, s40, v50 and c70 (but not the same as the old 2.3/2.4 T5 as in the older bigger volvos), very smooth, very torquey, and a nice noise!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I was looking at the ST, but i've seen a lot of 06/56 Impreza WRXs for around £10/11k.

Very tempting as most STs I've seen are nearer £13/14k.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Subaru, don't go there, BC.
I speak as a former owner of an 03 Imprezza, more trouble than they are worth :wall:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
camusdarrach said:
I speak as a former owner of an 03 Imprezza, more trouble than they are worth :wall:
I thought they were ultra reliable.

I was pleasantly surprised when I got a quote of £440 fully comp for me and the wife. Not bad for a group 19 car.

·
Registered
297 Posts
you can buy STs now for £10-11k. they have taken a big hit recently but IMO they are THE best 'all-round' car you can buy. If/when I sell mine it will only be for a five door version!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Wasn't keen on FWD with that much power.

The WRX has almost the exact same power as the ST, yet 60 takes 5.4. The ST is up in the 6s isn't it? :shrug:

BTW Rich. Where in Essex are you?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Big Chris said:
camusdarrach said:
I thought they were ultra reliable.

I was pleasantly surprised when I got a quote of £440 fully comp for me and the wife. Not bad for a group 19 car.
They are great, until they go wrong, then believe me, Maverick bills are cheap in comparison, plus the saloon has next to no room inside, we got rid of ours because a pram wouldn't fit in the boot, and the bills were excessive, but when they work, they are superb machines, and mine was the non turbo GX, as used by North Yorkshire Police as traffic cars.
Mine had 22.500 when traded in for the Maverick

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
arbs said:
dont see too many of them about - i thought they fitted turbos to EVERYTHING!
Not quite...
It was a special order, bought it brand new, but the insurance was a heck of a lot cheaper than for the Turbo version, and the performance wasn't that far behind, only 3 seconds in the 0-60mph, and the only visible difference was lack of bonnet air intake, and the alloy wheels...
It still had the bucket seats, and the distinctive Subaru exhaust note from the Boxer engine

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
camusdarrach said:
arbs said:
dont see too many of them about - i thought they fitted turbos to EVERYTHING!
Not quite...
It was a special order, bought it brand new, but the insurance was a heck of a lot cheaper than for the Turbo version, and the performance wasn't that far behind, only 3 seconds in the 0-60mph, and the only visible difference was lack of bonnet air intake, and the alloy wheels...
It still had the bucket seats, and the distinctive Subaru exhaust note from the Boxer engine
So what went wrong with it?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts