Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was driving around today my car started acting real funny. I stopped at a red light and the engine cut out. My radio was on so I didn't hear it turn off, but i had to restart my car to get moving. I though it may have been a fluke but it happened 2 times after that. Has anyone had this before??

·
Registered
108 Posts
Our 06 explorer was doing that a while ago. They reflashed the processor a few times and that did not fix it it just made it happen less often. They finally replaced the throttle body and we haven't have an issue since.

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
IAC - Idle air control valve. It maintains the RPM during idle and part throttle settings.

These usually get dirty a stick. A cleaning helps or they can be replaced for around $35 in parts an two bolts in labor. Seems a little early for an 09 though.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any idea where it is located?? Maybe pictures lol. I wan't to try everything before I lose my truck to the dealership for a day or two.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Unless i'm mistaken the escape does not have a IAC after 2007. Idle should be controlled by the electronic throttle body. Its an 09 isn't it still under warranty?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea it is still under warranty for another 10k then the certified preowned warranty kicks in. I just hate brining it to the dealer cause i lose my car for a whole day.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I want to murder ford right now. My service engine light came on last week so I brought it to the dealer to have everything looked at. Apparently there is an electrical part inside my transmission that is not working correctly. So my whole transmission is coming out and being rebuilt to replace this one part. The service advisor said my stalling, rough acceleration, and service engine light were all related to this issue. Has anyone had this before???

To say the least I am extremely pissed with Ford right now. My parents had a 92 Taurus that had nothing but problems and they told me when i was buying this car to stay away from Ford. Well I didn't listen and now this is the second time my car has been in for service since I bought in at the end of February.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well if you look at the overall quality stats ford is doing an excellent job. I'm not saying that some vehicles won't have problems. When you build as many vehicles as they do it is hard to make them all perfect. Hopefully you will not have any problems in the future and get many great years of use from the escape.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And things get better. I was told by the service advisor that my car would be ready this afternoon. They have had my car since monday so all seemed well. I call the dealer this morning to get a status update and left a message. I get a call back at 1:30pm and find out that the part they needed just arrived at 1pm. They said they will attempt to have the car ready by tomorrow evening but likely it would be monday. I am even more furious. So i call the dealer back and give them every ounce of angry energy i had. Then i'm told that under the CPO warranty i'm entitled to a rental car if my vehicle is in the shop for powertrain issues. Why didn't anyone tell me that in the first place???!???

Long story short this is the last time i deal with this dealership and the last time i buy a Ford. It is a shame, too. I've only owned the car for 3 months.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
What was the car's stats when you purchased it? You made a previous statement about it having a CPO warranty, so I'm curious to know if it just suffered a massive amount of abuse or somehow you got a test vehicle :lol:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I got my car back tuesday and all seemed well. Until my engine light came back on today. Read the codes and it is throwing P0171 and P0174. Want to take it to a new dealer this time around, but my dad advised me to stick with the same dealer and start to get a lawyer involved for lemon purposes. Thanks for nothing ford.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts