Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Errands i completed were: The taxman paper work. Shopping. Driving light was repaired. ( I have no electrical skills) My service tech diagnosed it was shorting out, and fixed the problem. :) Had " Little Tonka" washed at the detailers. It is quite physically demanding, relaxing in a chair and sipping on a flavoured milk, while other people clean your car. I almost was dripping with perspiration, because of the effort involved. :lol:

Errands i have yet to attend to, will be organised next week. These will be a pair of bib and brace overalls, plus two heavy duty steel toe cap boots. Also have booked the escape for a service. ( The usual items. Brake pads. New fuel filter. New air filter. Replace oil filter. Change the oil. New spark plugs.) Also other components will be examined, to see if they are up to standard. This one will be a major service, as in quite comprehensive.

I trust my service technician ( mechanic) as it has been his trade for many years. He actually has that certain magic touch on cars. Every time he services my escape , the end results are very distinct. My engine has that sweet edge. I can hear it . Also the car in general ,has that special extra feel to it in road manners. The brakes are very positive and accurate. For example ,they are responsive immediately with no delay. This is critical just in case emergency braking is required.

Compared to all previously owned cars, my escape has the most competent emergency braking system. It is stunning in its accuracy. WOW! Just have to love how it stops in a perfect straight line. :thumb: Also it does not need acres of road to actually stop. It continues to impress me, how my " Tonka " only needs a short distance to stop. :yahoo:

Thought i forgot something. Oh Yes! When i resume work duties, the boss will enquire about my holiday with a grin. The comments will possibly be: ' So how was your annual leave? Did you do much travelling as in driving? My reply shall be ' OH! Not too far. Maybe just a bit but not much ' ) :) His reaction might be ' Yeah sure! I know all about you and that " Just a bit " HA HA! Just a bit eh? plus all the rest' :lol: :hyst:

He enjoys stirring me, and knows i get a laugh out of his light hearted banter. :)

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Dasha said:
I so need to go to the grocery store!
I have to do that tomorrow. Also have an eye doctor appt tomorrow.

Cleaning the house and doing laundry today. I should probably get off here and get started since I slept late and it is now 11:30 am. :D

JIMMYJOHN said:
That sounds to me like a well rounded time if you ask me!!!
It sure does, JJ !! :) And Stone appears to be very well organized. :yes:

·
Registered
370 Posts
took the wifes van for some recall work at dealer this morning, will drop off at mech. in the morning for front brake job.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I ran a couple errands today. Paid some bills and went by the Post Office to mail them. Once finished with that I headed out to the hardware store. I was going to swap a couple of pocket knives my wife got me for Christmas. They want the reciept...Hmmm. :shrug: Plan B. :confused:

On the way home I stopped at the grocery and picked up some...groceries! :doh: :lol:

Otherwise, things are all good.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Well for lunch I met with the head of our City Public Works and the Head of our Local CERT group. We've been working with the Local Emergency Planning Board on a broader Flood Plan for our county

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
I still need to go to the grocery store. :taz:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Caught up with the work boots and car service. Attending to bib and brace overalls on friday. :) Sorry about re-editing this message. I have spare overalls, so the new pair will be put on hold. I will get them next week.

·
Registered
416 Posts
To do:

Burn a CD to listen to while on my errands, as per usual.

Run by three different schools (two to pick up transcripts, one to drop off aforementioned transcripts)

Go by the store for more bottled water, because I usually down several bottles per session at my computer, and to get some shakes to supplement for the breakfast I always miss.

Go running when that's all over, or I may substitute skateboarding, since I just bought a new one. Either way, some exercise is in order.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts