Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the parking lights on my 2004 Ford Escape has for about a year randomly would not turn off when i would turn off the head lights, i thought it could be due to the remote start so i had it taken out and the same problem still. its happening almost every time now. i am not sure if i should take it to Ford or if a local mechanic would be able to find the issue. Any ideas?

·
Registered
294 Posts
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

If i had an answer to your puzzling question i would answer it but since i dont ill leave it up to the many much more knowledgeable people on this board who love their escapes! You will enjoy it here, believe me.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Actually, it sounds like you have a partially-sticking parking lamp relay.

The relay is part of the Central Junction Box, which is located along the lower left side of the instrument panel/kick panel. The CJB is also the fusebox. If you listen to that area as you turn the parking lamps on and off, you should be able to find which relay is clicking, and it's fairly easy to reach.

Replace that relay, and you should be good to go.

Welcome to E-C!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks Jpark,

i cannot find the relay that is causing it i can pull the fuse no. 15 and it stops there appears to only be 3 relays in the fuse box area under the hood is the power junction box and no luck there either i did find a relay that turned it off but the relay was good. could the relay be behind the fuse box? i did not try detaching it but can if thats where it could be.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
You're right about the fuse, it's fuse F15. The parking lamp relay is located on the back of the fuse panel. You should disconnect the battery, then remove the kick panel and the bolts securing the fuse panel.

Here's the wiring diagram for the 2001-2004 Escape/Tribute parking lamps:

Direct image link: http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg10 ... glamps.jpg

Here's the rear side of the fuse panel, where the parking lamp relay is located:

Direct image link: http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg10 ... jbrear.jpg

Hope this helps!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts