Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all - Does the Ford 07 Escape have stabilizer bars and if so is the following information that I copied and pasted from another source, accurate. My newly purchased LIMITED has a slight creeking noise on the front driver's side when I turn into my driveway. Could this be the stabilizer bar that is mentioned below? Thanks for any feedback : )

"Depending on how many miles are on it, check out the previous post from yesterday on clunking in front end. Could be the stabilizer bar links but I don't think this would cause uneven wear on the tires unless they have been bad for a long while. Sounds more like to me like it could be a bad tire".

"check the play in those stabilizer bar links. There should not be much! Those bar links are only $12-20 even from the dealer and they are easy to install. Mine is an '02 2WD I would hope yours would be the same. I am not a mechanic but it fixed my problem, having those replaced. The dealer told me that this is a common problem and these wear out frequently. Mine had around 51,000 when they went bad".

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
It sure does have one! Get up under there and see if you have much play in them.

Here is a link to what it will look like: Clicky

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
the link kit wont cause uneven tire wear, but a bad ball joint will. i just replaced both of those parts on both sides today. a bad ball joint will allow the bottom of your tire to pull out changing your camber angle.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I think i have the same problem.

How do i fix this?

it makes the noise every time i turn. a creaking clunk.

the tires also have a slight camber to them.

help me :/

·
Registered
27 Posts
You can get Energy Suspension Bushings and Moog Links for the stabilizer bar. It takes a little modding, but helps with the corners.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Robbie - I made a quick search for energy suspension parts for the Escape but come up empty. Any suggestions?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts