Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...not really, but it worked out for my son and me on a recent camping trip in the Rawah wilderness area. Temperatures were 100 degrees so we hastily packed a ton of food, some sleeping bags and headed up to 8600'....ahhhhh!
Seats folded down provided enough area for a comfy sleep, provided you were worn out from a day of hiking, river wading, fishing, and manly cooking over open fires (beats chest :lol: ) A backpacking tent was used for auxiliary storage.
First day hike we stumbled upon a she-moose, luckily she found us un-intimidating and continued munching on the willows. Night hikes with new flashlights provided occasional adrenaline rushes when glowing eyes suddenly reflected the beams. Amazing what 190 lumens does compared to the old flashlights. Fishing was fun, but fruitless. The brookies are still laughing at us.

Off to the other extreme, Pawnee grasslands, tomorrow.

Here's a few pics:

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Nice! Great pics, thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Very nice pics! :thumb: Thanks for posting those and glad you had a good time. :)

megascape said:
agreed, next weekend we hit our first Ghost Town :tumble: Only 3 hours from here but it's going to be a great overnighter.
I hope you have a great time! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts