Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know some of you are members of this other forum. but what kind of hoops and loops must you go through to become a friggin member? i signed up on it over a month ago and still can not log in to my account and view a forum. i have sent over a half dozen emails and never have once gotten a response or the ability to log in. i even tried to sign up again w/ a different email and screen name and still dont have access. i did the email verification login and everything. but i can look at forums all day, as long as im not logged in. thats as far as i can go because it tells me this:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

what the hell?

just curious if someone else has had this problem or if someone knows what to do?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
this is for the escape c*ntr*l forum...but it made my title all ***. im not trying to be a traitor on the city...i promise

·
Registered
232 Posts
i had the same problems when i was first looking at escapes

so i stopped trying
bummer to cause there seems to be a bit more activity on there but owell its all good here

cheers

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
That's the expected norm for " that other place". I used to be on it, but it seems someone on there got upset with me. Have not been able to log in for ages, and i gave up trying to access quite a while ago. Yes i received the same messages. Even with a new name and password no success.

They have done it to a considerable amount of people. My personal opinion, is that other site has lost the plot. It is not unusual for them, to have no courtesy and not respond by email. I also detect the other place has become rude with its attitude.

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
I had similar experiences. Took me over a month to be "approved" for membership.

:wall: :wall: :wall:

·
Registered
464 Posts
I am still an active member over there. I only visit as I enjoy the infomation that about 95% of the members provide.

The other 5% are on my "Ignore" list (I've got my percentages right, lets not start that again) :lol:

This place has a certain..... I can't think of the word.
I guess you would call it character or atmosphere?

Kinda like the feeling you get when you drive your own car vs. a hire car...
Your own car feels warm and comfortable while a hire car feels boring, stiff and lifeless. This is Escape-City vs. The other place...

Hope this makes sense...

:)

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
While I'm not going to defend that site I can say that they've had problems for a while now with having enough people (moderators) with enough power to register new members. I believe there are still only one or two people with that power.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
:stifle:

The check is in the mail, Tribby.

:D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Same here.
Still waiting to recieve the blessings from the gods to enter that forum. Now that I am on this forum, I dont care one way or the other if my account gets activated over there.

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
tok said:
Same here.
Still waiting to recieve the blessings from the gods to enter that forum. Now that I am on this forum, I dont care one way or the other if my account gets activated over there.
:rockon: :peace: :thumb: Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
We appreciate the loyalty and respect...you will always receive the same :thumb:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
I was at the other place way back when (joined in 02) and I'm still a member that checks in on occasion. I am one of the older members and was in the top 30 posters. It used to be a great place with a bunch of very friendly and helpful people and a few trouble makers that quickly got put in their place. I met quite a few of them at the 3 FunRuns I attended including two of the moderators. I still send holiday cards to a few.

Unfortunately after 4 years or so, the moderators stopped showing up and moderating and spam almost overtook the place necessitating the harsh new member approval policy. Also, I believe the owner of the site (and the guy who approves members and updates the front page) was sent to the Middle East making it difficult for him to keep things in order. He appointed some new moderators and updated the front page but sadly this wasn't enough. The whole thread where the creators of this site were berated for offering to help made my stomach turn. I didn't expect it from some of them. I can understand why they would defend the owner of the site but I couldn't understand the rudeness that was involved.

Right now this site reminds me of that site in it's early years but with a ton more useful maintenance info that is much easier to access. I like it here better... plus JP and a few other members are an absolute fountain of information. I can only hope that it stays this way but keeping a site like this going is a difficult and time consuming task. People move on and eventually forget about sites like this. Hopefully that won't happen here. JP is incredibly diligent and I have faith he will do his best to keep this place ship shape as long as he can. Thanks again JP!

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Robert, thanks again. I really appreciate your compliments! I also appreciate all of the help from the people that helped to start this site, and I'm glad the atmosphere here is not filled with attack dogs.

I don't intend to have this site go away, and I've made sure that if this site ever gets to be too much for me to maintain, other people can take it over.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
I love how the members here play nicely with others. And I haven't seen anyone running around with scissors in their hands either. :D :beer: :shades:

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
I'm known to run around with an axe from time to time. I use it to chop up my frozen ground beef when I can't wait for it to defrost. :horse:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well im glad to hear its not just me. when i bought my escape i just searched for forums and found "that" one and THIS one. i love this site and especially how friendly everyone is. it cracks me up how no matter what your looking for or talk about...jp is the first to post and give you the part number. i love that. its a shame that the "other" site is like that though. were all here for a reason (friends and help), and ive never understood why people try to belittle or attack others. i guess thats the southern country boy in me. i was a member of another forum when i had my grand prix gtp (RIP) and you could ask a question about something and some would help and others got pi**ed if you couldnt find a thread about that topic from 4 years ago and would just say search and find it. if its that big of a deal..just dont respond. i like how this site has people from all over and all ages. i feel blessed to have been accepted to this site and all the people on it. i know im not as knowledgeable as most...but will give my knowledge or advice when i can. so i send out a big thanks to all of you. the people on here just make u feel at home.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I couldn't agree more! It used to piss me off when ppl would ask me first if I searched for it. Man if I can...I will search for it for you cuz I know what thread to look for! It doesn't kill me to do it so anyway I can help I will! :thumb:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts