Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, im new to the forum just joined yesterday, i figure i would join due to finding anything out about the escape is tough on the internet. Any rate here i am and sorry if im posting in the inappropriate place here..

I just bought a 1009 ford escape v6, im disappointed i suppose with the options on it or there lack of i got when i bought it. There are a few things i would like to have on my xlt to make it perfect, such as ambient lighting, audio controls on the steering wheels, and oh i almost forgot the biggie! lol chrome on the front bumper. ive been poking around the forums here just making myself familiar with this site, ive seen a few posts about the chrome package for these, but nothing that gives me a part number and how to install etc etc, i would imagine the chrome for the front bumper would be simple to install, anybody have any idea on part numbers and how they attatch ? any help would be appreciated,

and oh btw , so far the site has been very informative, i do enjoy reading up on our vehicles on here
awsome..
thanks shane

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
maice804 said:
hey guys, im new to the forum just joined yesterday, i figure i would join due to finding anything out about the escape is tough on the internet. Any rate here i am and sorry if im posting in the inappropriate place here..

I just bought a 1009 ford escape v6, im disappointed i suppose with the options on it or there lack of i got when i bought it. There are a few things i would like to have on my xlt to make it perfect, such as ambient lighting, audio controls on the steering wheels, and oh i almost forgot the biggie! lol chrome on the front bumper. ive been poking around the forums here just making myself familiar with this site, ive seen a few posts about the chrome package for these, but nothing that gives me a part number and how to install etc etc, i would imagine the chrome for the front bumper would be simple to install, anybody have any idea on part numbers and how they attatch ? any help would be appreciated,

and oh btw , so far the site has been very informative, i do enjoy reading up on our vehicles on here
awsome..
thanks shane
Welcome to Escape City, Shane!

So a few responses to your message...
You should have audio controls on the steering wheel. Pretty sure that's mostly standard across trim levels. What trim level is your Escape? Since you have a V6, I'm guessing an XLT. I have the buttons on my steering wheel, so that remark confuses me.

Ambient lighting was an optional extra that came with leather, something I wish I had opted for but I guess that leaves the opportunity for customization. The other thing is... how did you get an Escape without chrome on the bumper? Again... I'm pretty sure that only exists with 2008 Escapes with the Monochromatic Package. If you do some searches in the forum, you're bound to find something. My few months here at EC and I can tell you that there are probably answers to 99% of your questions!

Happy forum-ing!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I shoulda noted it's a xlt basic pretty much. Has the four speaker audio with no buttons on the wheel, id like to add these and the chrome appliqué on my front bumper. I'm curious to see if I could somehow get the message center working too.

Still lookin around no luck yet

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Let us know when you do. Your description is really vague because the things you mention SHOULD be on your vehicle.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Message center, I thought was some option package item up from the base XLS/XLT. I really never studied how they packaged it, so maybe shouldn't say...but imo, the message center should be there if you have the radio. Steering wheel controls? I think are part of the Convienence group maybe?

·
Registered
10 Posts
This stuff can but doesnt have to be on this escape. Just because he has an XLT doesnt mean he gets the steering wheel controls or lower front chrome bumper. If you got the SYNC pkg he would have the steering wheel controls, and the convenience pkg would add the message center. You would have to step up to a 'limited' in Canada to get the lower front chrome bumper....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did a bit of studying on the net today and found out what was supposed to come standard on the xlt. I got a link here that lists what comes standard on the xlt v6. I dunno if Canadian models may be different , check this link out here.http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks. ... ipment.htm

the truck only has 5500 km on it. Not sure but may trade it for a escape that has what I want. Or I might keep it. Decisions decisions.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Do you have an XLS? I am confused. I thought all XLT models had steering wheel audio adjustments. I thought the XLS was really stripped down and comes in either a 5-speed or automatic as an "upgrade". Then all XLT models have the audio buttons and the Limited gets you the "super" features and the lower chrome bumper. I chose the XLT because I didn't want to pay the extra for dual climate control, navigation or leather - which looked like the biggest differences. Don't need the dual climate control and I didn't "need" leather or navigation. So I saved a few bucks and got the XLT.

So it looks like if you want all that stuff you need an XLT Limited.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No that's the thing. My Model is an xlt it says it on the truck and the ownership, Now delving deeper into this it's becoming bizzare to me. I read on the net what my xlt is supposed to have for standard options but seems tho I'm missing a few of them. According to the xlt standard Equipment listings on the net I'm to have a compass leather steering wheel with audio controls and a sunglass holder.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
As an interesting aside. Back in the day I bought a 1 year old used F-100. It was loaded. :yahoo: PW, PL, Cruise, tilt, auto, chrome, multi level paint job...blah, blah, blah.

It was an XL. Not an XLT. The only difference? The stainless bezel across the tailgate. :shrug: Why bother, I don't even have a notion. Probably a few dollars to undercut the other Ford dealers in the Area.

It was some local dealers special order. They got a batch of them made up to look and be optioned like XLT's, only they weren't XLT's. They were XLs.
They also did the opposite on other trucks. An XL with absolutely nothing on it. Just like a Custom, what they called the commercial models and still do IIRC. Only thing is that they had the XL lable on them. :wacko:

Could it be, that yours was a dealers special order? And they cut some of the content? IDK, and most certainly not saying yours is. Just trying to get outside the sandbox. OK? ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im thinking this is the case with my escape, i think maybe somebody had possibly oredered it as a "special order" maybe stripped down some of the options to save a bit on the cost, either way i got jipped and fleeced, after taxes i paid around 28 g`s. got employee pricing ..

i can either add the options onto it, maybe ill search the forum and see what it will take to get me the audio controls on a leather steering wheel compas etc etc .or deal it .. either or i will see.

·
Registered
10 Posts
just a note, Canada doesnt even have an XLS pkg on the escape. the base is the XLT, so if you are Canadian this is all making sense to me... our base base escape has a 4cly w. manual called the escape xlt... just a heads up

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
msoul said:
just a note, Canada doesnt even have an XLS pkg on the escape. the base is the XLT, so if you are Canadian this is all making sense to me... our base base escape has a 4cly w. manual called the escape xlt... just a heads up
Ah ha! Should have known. I'm not a fan of the XLS. I suppose some folks like them for the way they are. I'd rather Ford did away with the XLS versions of all the trucks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ya it all makes sense to me now. Thanks for the help guys. I'm gonna dig deeper and see what it will take me to add the leather steering wheel with audio controls and temp display compass too. Probably be a pain in the a$$. I'm not electrically challenged wich helps

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
I bet it won't be that difficult. A few plugs and you're probably on your way.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts